Currently, Protective Life is looking for a New Business Processor - VUL NB - Annuity in its Birmingham, AL corporate headquarters. The New Business Processor ensures swift and accurate processing of department faxes, e-mails, express mail, pending requirements, delivery requirements, checks for initial premium, and other mail items as assigned. This role will utilize multiple systems for research to accurately and swiftly route mail to the proper location, i.e. the proper team or department. The ideal candidate is adaptable to new and changing situations and is comfortable working with multiple processing functions in a given workday.
Requirements and Abilities:
- Responsible for being able to quickly identify and sort transactions based on the department,
- Will have to learn and understand complex transaction assignments.
- Read and interpret customer correspondence , policy applications and customer forms.
- Learn and correctly identify work processed in all areas of the company to be able to quickly re-route transactions to the appropriate area when required.
- Research transactions in multiple systems.
- Work with numerous policy number configurations with subtle differences.
- Demonstrated computer and keyboard skills.
- Demonstrated ability to key 35-50 wpm with accuracy.
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word.
- Prior Outlook or Lotus Notes experience working with attachments.
- Prior experience with administrative processing systems preferred.
- 1-2 years work experience in an office environment with customer contact.
- Maintain professional demeanor under stressful conditions.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Must be able to handle changing priorities, solve problems, meet deadlines and keep work moving under adverse conditions
- Ability to work within strict deadlines.
- Be able to develop a basic understanding of document scanning, which requires a high level of visual and mental stamina.