Compuware Corporation, the technology performance company, makes technology make a difference by providing software, experts and best practices to ensure technology works well and delivers value. Compuware solutions make the world's most important technologies perform at their best for leading organizations worldwide, including 46 of the top 50 Fortune 500 companies and 12 of the top 20 most visited U.S. web sites.
Position Description & Responsibilities:
Our Position: MAINFRAME SOFTWARE DEVELOPER
Compuware is extending its distributed application performance management solution, dynaTrace, to the Mainframe. It will provide enterprise end-to-end transaction tracing for performance monitoring, analysis, and problem resolution.
We offer competitive salary, company-sponsored premium Medical & Dental Plans, company-paid Holidays, Vacation, Personal, Anniversary Service and Sick Days and a company matching 401(k) Plan.
- Participate in prototype reviews, offering insight regarding feasibility
- Develop initial sizing estimate based on marketing requirements
- Create general system design
- Create technical specifications, clearly defining the programming effort required for new and changed programs, and interfaces to existing products
- Provide estimates for the programming effort defined in the technical specifications
- Identify potential roadblocks and develop around them
- Develop code that matches the prototype and specification, is maintainable and, as necessary, portable to other environments
- Interact with Quality Assurance to understand testing results and reports
- Perform problem determination for production release and create source code changes to provide solutions
- Complete implementation within time estimates
- Assist Technical Writer in developing technical documentation, and review materials for technical accuracy
- Mentor other Developers, Support or Quality Assurance in understanding product architecture, new functionality, and in identifying strategies for problem resolution
- Occasionally contact customers to understand problems or to provide a technical explanation
- Perform other duties as required
- Plan the implementation of new products and enhancements as reflected by the architecture
- In-depth knowledge of z/OS internals and operating system component internals.
- Solid understanding of how to utilize system user exits and other system extension techniques.
- Significant knowledge of and practical experience with z/OS programming languages and software development techniques.
- Proficient in z/OS Assembler and C programming languages.
- Significant knowledge in CICS, IMS, DB2 and MQ Series environments.
- Sufficient knowledge of TCP/IP and Websphere
- Excellent problem-solving and debugging skills using system dumps.
- Self-motivated / takes initiative.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to write code that is maintainable, extendible and has minimal bugs.
- Ability to understand requirements and ask appropriate questions for clarification, as necessary.
- Ability to analyze marketing requirements and external prototypes and to identify design and implementation alternatives.
- Ability to understand and adhere to the project goal without necessarily agreeing with it
- Ability to work with a team to achieve project goals
Compuware - 17 months ago
Compuware Corporation, the technology performance company, provides software, experts and best practices to ensure technology works well and...