This position is responsible for managing the maintenance and engineering of the building, grounds, equipment at the Bloomsburg plant as well as ensuring that all projects are in Compliance with all federal, state and company policies such as OSHA and Food Quality Systems including elements of cGMP/BRC. The position is responsible to monitor all contracts with outside contractors. This position works closely with the production managers to develop and implements optimal, cost-effective manufacturing processes and methods in accordance with product specifications and quality standards and recommends and implements improvements to production processes, methods and controls.
• Support the efficient operation of the Cannery and Dry Processing at the Bloomsburg plant through effective utilization of Engineering and Maintenance Resources.
• Develop annual capital budget and maintenance expense budget.
• Manage capitol and maintenance projects/resources in support of the Cannery and Dry Processing operating schedule through timely equipment installation, service and repair.
• Ensure capital projects are completed on time and within budget.
• Coordinate Engineering/Maintenance resources in support of the achievement of plant utilization, yield, quality, output and safety goals.
• Develop and maintain an effective engineering/maintenance organization by providing proactive leadership, direction, coaching and development.
• Observe and evaluate plant operations with the objective of improving operating methods and/or eliminating production problems using Lean initiatives.
• All other duties as required and assigned.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies to perform the essential functions of this position.
• Problem solving—the individual identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner and gathers and analyzes information skillfully
• Excellent trouble shooting and diagnostic skills
• Strong mechanical aptitudes and a working knowledge of electrical and mechanical systems.
• Planning/organizing—the individual prioritizes and plans work activities, uses time efficiently and develops realistic action plans as well as the ability to work well with every changing priorities and or situations.
• Familiarity with building codes, OSHA regulations and Food Safety Regulations as well as all current health and safety regulations.
• Strong supervisory skills, coupled with excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Solid computer skills including Microsoft Office Software and Maintenance Tracking Systems
• Ability to work well with people at all levels both in and out of the plant.
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE:
• A bachelor's degree in a related field in the Maintenance and/or Engineering Disciplines
• Minimum of three to five years progressive experience and responsibility in a maintenance field, two of which were holding a supervisory positions directing a multi-functional maintenance/engineering staff.
• Working knowledge of operating/support equipment, maintenance activities, utilities and environmental regulations.
Big Heart Pet Brands
- 3 years ago - save job
Del Monte Foods Company manufactures and distributes nutritious food products, and is a producer and distributor of processed vegetables,...