Equipment/Maintenance Technician - Future Opportunities
Equipment/Maintenance Technicians sustain and run the fab floor with primary responsibility of resolving equipment and process issues. Technician positions are shift positions working a compressed week of 12-hour shifts. GLOBAL FOUNDRIES is a 24/7 manufacturing facility providing technician support across all shifts.
This job posting is for a "future opportunity" and does not represent a current vacancy. Job listings such as this allow GLOBAL FOUNDRIES to proactively review and identify talent on an on-going basis before a position becomes available. We encourage you to submit your credentials today with the understanding that a position does not exist and that you may not be contacted by a recruiter in reference to your resume submission. When an appropriate position opens that matches your profile, we may contact you to apply directly to the new position. We will keep your information on file for one year.
- Monitor, control, and qualify state of the art 300mm semiconductor equipment
- Perform basic preventive maintenance activities
- React to error messages of factory systems and/or equipment
- Process wafers using defined procedures
- Review Statistical Process Control charts for process quality and react to Out of Control conditions including defect troubleshooting
- Perform visual inspections (quality check)
- Recover from process and tool interruptions
- Identify and address potential areas for improvement and optimize tool availability, cycle time, utilization and cost
- Complete all required reporting and documentation
- Understand and follow all health, safety, and environmental procedures and requirements
- Actively participate in continuous improvement processes, learning and skills development
- Strong team member, able to work well with a global team, train new team members as needed and other duties as assigned
- 2 Year Technical/Associates Degree in Science, Math, Engineering, Semi-Conductor Manufacturing or a related discipline or equivalent military training/experience
- Fluency in English Language – written & verbal
- Able to perform shift work on a 12-hour shift schedule; including working in a cleanroom environment per semi-conductor industry and GLOBALFOUNDRIES protocol/requirements, wearing all required clean room protective clothing and equipment throughout a 12 hour day (excluding breaks) and lift a minimum of 30 pounds on a periodic basis throughout the shift (preventive maintenance) and/or process issues
- Strong technical skills and knowledge of semiconductor processing and process equipment
- Able to operate computer and system interface programs to ensure appropriate computing and analysis of production information
- Able to follow detailed instructions and procedures to complete tasks and required documentation; demonstrate solid work performance in an environment requiring high level of attention to detail and timeliness
- Strong team member, able to work well with a global team, train new team members as needed and other duties as assigned; able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and prioritize activities
- Proficiency with software applications, Microsoft Office, as well as specific programs of SAP, MES, ASPECT; able to create reports and document procedures
- Working knowledge of Statistical Process Control methodologies & systems
- Equipment or process maintenance experience in semi-conductor manufacturing
- Familiarity with Lean processes & activities and Kaizen teams
GLOBAL FOUNDRIES is the world’s first full-service semiconductor foundry with a truly global footprint. Launched in March 2009, the company has quickly achieved scale as the second largest foundry in the world, providing a unique combination of advanced technology and manufacturing to more than 160 customers. With operations in Singapore, Germany and the United States, GLOBALFOUNDRIES is the only foundry that offers the flexibility and security of manufacturing centers spanning three continents. The company’s three 300mm fabs and five 200mm fabs provide the full range of process technologies from mainstream to the leading edge. This global manufacturing footprint is supported by major facilities for research, development and design enablement located near hubs of semiconductor activity in the United States, Europe and Asia. GLOBAL FOUNDRIES is owned by the Advanced Technology Investment Company (ATIC).
For more information on GLOBAL FOUNDRIES , visit www.globalfoundries.com
GLOBAL FOUNDRIES is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action (EEO/AA) employer Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veteran (M/F/D/V).
GLOBALFOUNDRIES - 12 months ago
copy to clipboard