Built in 1962 with only two lines, the Martel plant has grown into a medium-sized facility producing baking mixes. The plant has an active Employee Events Committee, and also holds an annual Fall Family Fun Day for employees and their families.
The Martel plant is located in Caledonia, Ohio, near Marion and Columbus. The greater Columbus area offers one-of-a-kind shopping, theatre entertainment, rich history and diverse restaurants. But perhaps most of all you will enjoy the relaxed friendly atmosphere of this hometown.
General Mills is seeking a Maintenance/Engineering Manager to be responsible to lead, motivate, and develop a team of maintenance professionals including mechanics and electricians to drive losses out of our systems, while leveraging Continuous Improvement (Lean/TPM) tools, improving individual skills, and enhancing teamwork. The Maintenance/Engineering Manager would also be responsible for providing the technical expertise to prioritize and deliver results for the plant and the businesses it supports.
In this role you will:
• Promote positive employee relations through effective conflict management and issue resolution
• Be responsible for Plant Maintenance budgets
• Manage the integrity and maintenance of all plant equipment
• Engage in strategy, direction, and execution discussions as a member of the Plant Leadership Team
• Institute a zero breakdown methodology using Continuous Improvement tools. Position will have an active role in the PM pillar
• Implementing and using productive maintenance technology to increase reliability and increase planned maintenance activity
• Development of site strategic plan for technical staffing, capital investment, general competencies, and system/technology improvements
• Coaching, mentoring, and development of plant technical resources
• Accountability for management of external technical relationships with A/E firms, contractors, and equipment vendors
• Provide technical leadership and for site compliance with EPA and OSHA requirements in concert with designated functional experts
• Provide site leadership to achieve maximization/optimization of capital assets and site utilization as well as lead safety initiatives in technical areas
• Develop short term and long range capital investment plans for facility and be accountable for the planning and execution of all projects
• Responsible for the capital investment process for the site (e.g. standards, project management, capital approval, etc.).
• Develop and support strategies that integrate Continuous Improvement methodologies into the Master Plan.
• Provide leadership for the application of Continuous Improvement Pillars, tools, and training to meet business objectives.
• Provide site leadership for technical solutions to operational problems including systems optimization, debottlenecking, and troubleshooting.
• Accountable for the strategy, design and implementation of control systems and manufacturing information systems.
• Bachelor's Degree, preferably in Engineering from ABET-accredited program.
• Minimum 5 years related work experience
• Experience in Capital Planning & Mgmt, CI, and Maintenance is required
• Leadership experience in a manufacturing environment
• Demonstrated understanding of technology, including complexities of products, equipment and costs
• Development of best practice standards for all Maintenance functions and activities
• Experience with World Class Maintenance, TPM, or similar systems
• Knowledge of utilities, which include steam boilers, air compressors, HVAC, and glycol chilling is a plus
• Demonstrated understanding of proper elements of Preventive/Predictive Maintenance program
sologig - 2 years ago
Our Brands. Your Legacy.
Great brands start with the people that make them great. One of the world's leading food companies, General Mills...