This is a NON-CONTINUING position, 8 hours at 260 days per year.
If you are a current employee please apply through the "Internal" link found at the top of this page (this does not include substitutes).
Must have the ability and expereince to safely operate mowing equipemnt from 21inch , 60 inch, 72 inch to 126inch riding mowers.
Ability and expereince to perform basic maintenance and advanced repairs to mowing equipment
Ability and experience to safely and correctly hook trailers to to vehicles, securing loads and towing heavy equipemnt to and from locations.
This position's responsibilities are to assist with maintaining district grounds and grounds equipment, including planting, fertilizing, pruning, mowing and general maintenance to ensure safe and attractive district grounds.
Depending upon the individual assignment, the Grounds Maintenance may perform all or a combination of the following:
1. Maintains district grounds, athletic and play fields; weeds, edges, mows, waters, fertilizes and provides a variety of grounds maintenance services.
2. Plants a variety of shrubs, trees and flowers; prunes and fertilizes; applies a variety of insecticides as needed; performs landscaping installations and improvements.
3. Removes snow and debris from grounds as needed to maintain a safe and attractive landscape.
4. Monitors condition of grounds throughout the district; inspects and corrects a variety of conditions.
5. Monitors condition of playground equipment for safety; inspects and repairs equipment as necessary.
6. Helps maintains a variety of groundskeeping equipment, including mowers, tractors, trucks, trimmers and hand equipment.
7. Maintains inventory of grounds supplies and equipment; informs supervisor of needed supplies and replacements; places routine orders; drives to secure materials as required.
8. Operates, cleans and maintains a variety of groundskeeping tools and equipment.
9. Secures area when mowing or performing other potentially injurious functions to ensure student and staff safety.
10. Maintains effective communication with students, parents, staff and the public for safety and public relations.
11. Assists with major summer landscaping installations, improvements and repairs to prepare grounds and fields for the start of the student school year. Assists with repairs of sprinkler heads and water lines.
12. Monitors student helpers as assigned; trains and corrects students in grounds keeping tasks.
13. Assists with maintenance of facilities as assigned, by assisting with carpentry, painting, roofing, equipment repair and other building maintenance tasks.
14. May serve on various district committees and/or departmental work teams. Models appropriate and cooperative behavior, including protecting confidential information, consistent with the district ethical guidelines.
15. Performs related duties consistent with the scope and intent of the position.
Reports to the Manager of Maintenance. Receives guidance from Maintenance Crew Lead.
May experience frequent interruptions; required to deal with a wide range of student, staff and public behaviors; required to shift focus to respond to student, staff and public needs.
Required to stand, stoop or crouch for prolonged periods; occasionally required to move heavy objects weighing more than fifty(50) pounds; required to operate power equipment such as mowers and tractors; required to take precautions when operating equipment with cutting potential and to avoid exposure to insecticides and other landscaping chemicals and their fumes; required to wear protective gear such as gloves or masks; exposed to noise from power equipment; grounds maintenance requires working outdoors in inclement weather; required to work from ladders or scaffolds; may come in contact with sewage and bodily waste; required to take precautions to avoid injury when felling trees with chain saw or using other power equipment.
Education and Experience
Education, training, skills, and experience necessary to carry out the assignment, including experience with grounds maintenance and related equipment.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Ability to distinguish insecticides and hazardous chemicals. Ability to operate a variety of grounds maintenance equipment and tools. Knowledge of grounds repairs and maintenance. Ability to mow, plant, water, prune and fertilize trees, shrubs, flowering plants and grounds. Knowledge of safety procedures. Ability to follow verbal or written instructions. Ability to work independently with minimal supervision. Knowledge of irrigation systems. Skill in identifying and correcting equipment problems. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with students, staff and the public.
Requires fingerprinting and background check to determine that there have been no convictions involving physical molestation, abuse, injury or neglect of a minor. Must complete training in and adhere to district infection control plan. Valid Washington state driver's license and a good driving record.
Bethel School District
- 2 years ago - save job