If you are a current employee please apply through the "Internal" link found at the top of this page (this does not include substitutes).
This position's responsibilities are to respond to electrical emergencies, to repair building and equipment electrical malfunctions and to provide relevant expertise for a safe and comfortable learning environment.
Depending upon the individual assignment, the Maintenance Technician - Electrician may perform all or a combination of the following:
1. Responds to electrical emergencies; locates problems and makes repairs or disconnects until repairs can be made.
2. Inspects, identifies and corrects problems, performs maintenance and repair on electrical systems including lighting switches, switching devices, receptacles, water heating equipment, electrical heating systems, timing devices, generator emergency backup systems, service distribution panels, branch circuit systems, emergency and exit lighting, electrical motors and controls, and other related equipment.
3. Inspects electrical safety and hazards; assures electrical systems in buildings are functioning properly and safely.
4. Performs a variety of repair and maintenance on district facilities to provide for a safe and healthy environment for students and staff. Responds to service and emergency calls. Assesses extent of problems and determines materials and equipment needed.
5. Determines need to repair or replace parts; determines cost effectiveness of repair projects in relation to safety and repair time.
6. Orders parts and supplies as needed; distributes and/or stores supplies; may drive to purchase materials needed for repairs.
7. Contacts contractors ( Electrical) for major upgrades or changes to existing building systems.
8. Installs minor electrical changes and related equipment , as permitted by A.H.J.. including lighting ; secures area for safety; interprets technical data; installs equipment and control devices, tests system and assures safe operation.
9. Replaces lights and related hardware in rooms, parking lots and walking areas for required light levels and security.
10. Stays current with knowledge of the National & State Electrical Codes, energy saving equipment, and new advancements in electrical equipment.
11. Assists the construction director and architects on electrical systems for new and remodeled schools and other facilities.
12. Assists with repairs involving plumbing, HVAC, carpentry and other construction skills as required.
13. Maintains a variety of documentation, records and files.
14. May serve on various district committees and/or departmental work teams. Models appropriate and cooperative behavior, including protecting confidential information, consistent with district ethical guidelines.
15. Performs related duties consistent with the scope and intent of the position to include those area that require electrical support.
Reports to the Director of Facilities. Receives guidance from the Electrical Systems Crew Lead
Required to schedule and prioritize work; required to meet strict repair deadlines; required to deal with distraught individuals.
Requires prolonged standing, sitting, bending, stooping, crawling and other physical exertions; required to work on ladders and roofs; required to work with high voltage electricity (480volt)’; requires safety and awareness of construction, repair and emergency sites; may be required to work during off-hours for emergencies; exposed to high noise levels from machines; required to wear protective gear; required to work outdoors in inclement weather; required to lift and carry heavy supplies, materials and equipment over fifty (50) pounds; required to drive between sites; required to take precautions to avoid exposure to potentially dangerous conditions and fumes.
Education and Experience
Education, training, skills, and experience necessary to carry out the assignment, including four (4) years of increasingly responsible journey level electrical experience, and a wide range of maintenance and repair experience.
Such alternatives to the above qualifications that the district may find appropriate and acceptable.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Ability to communicate effectively. Demonstrated knowledge in electrical repair and maintenance of a variety of motors and controls. Knowledge of carpentry, plumbing, heating and ventilation, and other construction skills. Knowledge of HVAC systems and controls. Knowledge of computer systems and related software. Skill in the use of motors. Skill in the use of appropriate equipment including electrical safety and testing equipment. Skill in identifying and correcting problems. Ability to estimate repair costs. Ability to determine cost effectiveness of repairs. Knowledge of maintenance safety procedures, including lifting techniques. Ability to read and understand blueprints and electrical schematics. Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with a variety of others.
Requires fingerprinting and background check to determine that there have been no convictions involving physical molestation, abuse, injury or neglect of a minor. Must complete training in and adhere to district infection control plan. Washington state electrical journeyman EL01 commercial level license. Valid Washington state driver's license and a good driving record. Current Industrial First Aid card Passage of a pre-placement physical and testing is required of this position (the district will assume the cost.)
Bethel School District
- 15 months ago - save job