This position is for 8 hours at 260 days per year. This position is open until filled.
If you are a current employee please apply through the "Internal" link found at the top of this page (this does not include substitutes).
This position's responsibilities are to maintain and repair heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) systems and related controls throughout the district and to assure that environmental controls in buildings and related equipment are properly maintained to provide for a safe and comfortable learning environment.
Depending upon the individual assignment, the Maintenance Technician - HVAC may perform all or a combination of the following:
1. Identifies and corrects problems, diagnoses, repairs and maintains heating, ventilation and energy management systems for comfort and proper ventilation of district facilities.
2. Estimates cost; repairs or installs new equipment including direct digital controls, energy management controls, pneumatic controls, lighting controls and electrical controls.
3. Performs a variety of repair and maintenance on district HVAC systems to provide for a safe and healthy environment for students and staff.
4. Responds to service and emergency calls; assesses extent of problem and determines materials and equipment needed. Determines need to replace or repair parts; determines cost effectiveness of repair projects in relation to safety and repair time.
5. Diagnoses repairs or installs new heating, ventilation and air conditioning units such as heat pumps, hydronic systems, re-heat units, recovery systems, exhaust systems, gas fired systems, boilers and furnaces, and including control pumps, heat exchangers, converters and cooling systems.
6. Balances air distribution and hydronic systems. Operates, repairs and maintains refrigeration systems for proper and safe temperatures; including refrigeration and recovery and recycle.
7. Conducts a predictive maintenance program for HVAC systems.
8. Programs direct digital controls and programmable controllers. Trains district custodial personnel on basic concepts, use and maintenance of control systems.
9. Secures work areas for students and staff safety.
10. Maintains Maintenance Service Center and HVAC computer systems; sets up and installs software; performs diagnostics on energy management systems. Assures computer control system and software are operational.
11. Uses and maintains appropriate tools, such as meters and gauges.
12. Assists with repairs involving plumbing, carpentry and other construction skills as required.
13. Maintains a variety of documentation, records, files and technical manuals.
14. May serve on various district committees and/or departmental work teams. Models appropriate and cooperative behavior, including protecting confidential information, consistent with district ethical guidelines.
15. Performs related duties consistent with the scope and intent of the position.
Reports to the Director of Facilities. Receives guidance from Maintenance Crew Lead and/or Impact Team lead.
Required to schedule and prioritize work; required to meet strict repair deadlines. Required to convey technical information to non-technical staff. May be required to deal with distraught or difficult individuals.
Requires prolonged standing, sitting, bending, stooping, crawling and other physical exertions; required to work on ladders and roofs; required to work with high voltage electricity; requires safety awareness on construction, repair and emergency sites; may be required to return to work during off-hours for emergencies; exposed to high noise levels from machines; required to wear protective gear; required to work outdoors in inclement weather; required to lift and carry heavy supplies, materials and equipment weighing over fifty(50) pounds; required to drive between sites. Required to take precautions to avoid exposure to potentially dangerous conditions and fumes.
Education and Experience
Education, training, skills, and experience necessary to carry out the assignment, including four (4) years of increasingly responsible HVAC experience, and a wide range of maintenance and repair experience.
Such alternatives to the above qualifications that the district may find appropriate and acceptable.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Ability to communicate effectively. Demonstrated skills in HVAC systems, electrical repair and maintenance including HVAC control systems. Knowledge of carpentry, plumbing, and other construction skills. Skill in the use of tools and equipment including electrical testing and safety equipment. Ability to diagnose and correct technical problems. Ability to estimate repair costs. Ability to determine cost effectiveness of repairs. Knowledge of maintenance safety procedures, including lifting techniques. Ability to read and understand technical manuals, blue prints, plans, electrical schematics, and codes. Knowledge of computer systems and related software. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with a variety of others.
Requires fingerprinting and background check to determine that there have been no convictions involving physical molestation, abuse, injury or neglect of a minor. Must complete training in and adhere to district infection control plan. Valid Washington state driver's license and a good driving record. Requires refrigerant (CFC) recovery certification.
Bethel School District
- 2 years ago - save job
EMA is a premier provider of information technology (IT), engineering, logistics, and program management services for the Department of...