The Common Web Platform (CWP) is an in-house, SharePoint-based Content Management System that powers Volvo Group’s internet, extranet and intranet sites. Our team is searching for a Maintenance Assignment Leader
Thousands of editors worldwide use the CWP every day to publish three-quarters of a million pages, in over 70 languages, to millions of visitors each month. The team is a talented group with a passion for building great web solutions that exceed business needs across Volvo’s global companies. We love results, not degrees or years in the field. Our team stands out as much for our camaraderie as for our technical excellence.
You have a broad range of knowledge and experience delivering reliable business applications that delights your customers. The problems and pitfalls of high-traffic websites won’t surprise you, and the responsibility of a global brand’s online presence attracts you. You are always interested in learning the latest and greatest, but understand how to balance the cutting edge with tried-and-true pragmatism. If you don’t know the answer to something, you’ll say so – and then find it. Speaking knowledgably and listening thoughtfully to developers, server ops, DBAs, business users, management and your teammates comes naturally to you.
This is an exciting and challenging role. You have the opportunity to interface with skilled marketing and communications experts who support all of the Volvo Group companies. Our customers work in 78 countries around the world, so this role assumes that you enjoy working multi-culturally.
The Maintenance Assignment Leader (MAL) is responsible for ensuring a high-quality delivery to all customers of the Common Web Platform. Primary responsibilities include:
· Responsible for a professional relationship with assignment stakeholders. This includes the CWP organization (ie Service Delivery Manager, Service Runtime Manager, developers) as well as the Business Solution Manager, Business Solution Leaders and their network of key stakeholders.
· Responsible for planning, organizing, reporting and follow up the assignment in accordance to the Maintenance Charter and Operational Level Agreement when defined
· Secure that the solution or services produced are achieving the agreed quality and meeting KPI’s.
· Responsible for reporting the results, deviations and plan in the assignment work to the Service Delivery Manager and Business Solution Leaders.
· Contribute in establishing the Maintenance Charter and Operational Level Agreement when needed.
· Responsible for a professional relationship with the customer representatives, mainly the Business Solution Leaders and their network of key stakeholders.
· Responsible for a professional relationship with all delivery organizations involved.
· Ensure that service levels objectives and/or Operational Level Agreement targets) if applicable to the assignment, are reached and contribute to Service Level Agreement fulfilment.
· Initiate corrective actions for any kind of deviations from targets, and report progress.
· Regular participation in Solution Maintenance Process (SMP) forums
The MAL is not a line function; however, the ideal candidate will have strong team development skills:
· Responsible for identifying and resolving issues and conflicts within the team
· Delegate tasks effectively and appropriately across the team
The MAL may assist the SDM with financial reporting responsibilities, including:
· Continuous focus on cost-efficiency
· Developing budget and forecasts for application infrastructure, licensing and manpower costs
· Continuous follow-up and reporting against budget plans
Education and Experience
· Bachelor of Science or Business Administration, or equivalent work experience
· Minimum five years relevant professional IT experience
· Experience working in a global environment with teammates who come from different cultures and timezones
· Good command of written and spoken English
· Working knowledge of Volvo IT or ITIL application management processes
· Website or web portal management experience is preferred
· Project Manager or Business Analyst experience is desirable
Successful Candidate will possess
· Awareness of Volvo IT organization and processes –or-- ITIL familiarity and experience working in a matrix organization
· Leadership experience
· Demonstrated experience working on an international team for at least 2 years
· Experience managing assignments with a value of at least two million USD
· Ability to juggle multiple assignments being handled by resources working in more than one time zone
· Ability to work with people at all levels of the organization – from technicians to executives
· Demonstrated experience of leading complex assignments including factors such as:
· External suppliers
· Complex political situations
· Demanding customers
· Significant business criticality
Volvo Group North America is an Equal Opportunity Employer