UALR Functional Title
Maintenance Assistant / R98944
Facilities Mgmt-Grounds Maintenance
Performs routine landscape and ground keeping related tasks, and assists with moving and hauling of university property.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs general grounds keeping duties such as maintaining equipment and supplies.
- Operates tractors and mowers to cut grass, fertilizing and watering grass and plant material, grass edging, weed eating, raking, mulching of leaves and various other grounds waste materials.
- Performs moving and transport of furniture and surplus property on and off campus which requires lifting /unloading items weighing up to 50 pounds or more, may at times be required to operate a motorized vehicle.
- Performs other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of the methods and techniques used in landscaping and grounds maintenance.
- Ability to operate grounds maintenance equipment.
- Ability to estimate landscaping and grounds maintenance needs.
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions.
Required Education and/or Experience
Completion of sufficient education or training to read and write; plus two years of experience/on-the-job training, performing grounds keeping and/or the maintenance of lawn-care equipment.
Must have valid Arkansas Driver’s License and have the ability to drive a vehicle.
Preferred Education and/or Experience
Background Check Requirements
00 - Criminal Only
Very Heavy Work - Exerting in excess of 100 pounds: Frequently, Kneeling: Daily, Crawling: Occasionally, Carrying 50 plus lbs: Occasionally, Pushing/pulling 50 plus lbs: Occasionally, Sitting for long periods of time: Occasionally, Standing for long periods of time: Frequently, Speaking; Essential, Speaking; Non-Essential, Hearing: Essential, Hearing: Non-Essential, Vision: Ability to distinguish similar colors, depth perception, close vision: Essential, Walking - Short Distances: Frequently, Walking - Short Distances: Daily, Walking - Moderate Distances; Frequently, Walking - Moderate Distances; Daily, Walking - Long Distances; Occasionally
Spends approximately 75% or more time outdoors, Extreme cold - Temperatures below 32 degrees for periods of more than one hour, Extreme heat - Temperatures above 100 degrees for periods of more than one hour, Sufficient noise to cause applicant to shout in order to be heard, Exposure to vibrating movements of the extremities or whole body, Hazards - definite risk of bodily injury, such as proximity to moving mechanical parts, electrical current, etc., Conditions that affect the respiratory system or the skin, such as fumes, odors, dusts, mists, gases or poor ventilation
Posting Detail Information
Background Check Statement
This position is subject to a pre-employment criminal background check. A criminal conviction or arrest pending adjudication alone shall not disqualify an applicant in the absence of a relationship to the requirements of the position. Background check information will be used in a confidential, non-discriminatory manner consistent with state and federal law.
UALR EEO Statement
The University of Arkansas at Little Rock is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer and actively seeks the candidacy of minorities, women, veterans, and persons with disabilities. Under Arkansas law, all applications are subject to disclosure. Persons hired must have proof of legal authority to work in the United States.
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicants
University of Arkansas at Little Rock - 9 months ago