Descriptive Title: Maintenance Assistant (2 F/T day positions) |
Budget Title: same as above
State Classified Position
Department: Supply Management Services
State Line#: 12762; 16004
Campus: Stony Brook-University Hospital
Required Qualifications: Candidate must be able to life large, heavy items continuously and stand for long periods of time. Current certificate to operate powered equipment (Hi-Lo, Power Jacks, etc. Two years experience in maintenance/construction under supervision of a skilled tradesman or two years completion in a technical/trade school.
Preferred Qualifications: 5 years experience operating heavy industrial equipment.
Brief Description of Duties:
- Oversee B Core Warehouse, controlling housekeeping & Bulk supplies.
- Operating heavy power equipment (Forklift, Jacks, Hi-Lo).
- Perform routine preventative maintenance on such equipment & non-power equipment.
- Breakdown and stocking of all incoming inventory to storage bins.
- Stock to be stored are in large and/or heavy cases, there are approximately 2000 uniques med/surg supplies.
- Pick and deliver orders for the Hospital and Off-Site locations, assist with walk ins as needed.
- Must be available to assist in Cycle counts and conduction of inventory on an as needed basis.
Other Duties: All other duties as assigned.
Special Notes: 2 Full-time Day positions - 8:00 am - 4:30 pm - Thursday and Friday are pass days Please note that Stony Brook Medicine is a smoke free environment. . This position may require the wearing of respiratory protection, which may prohibit the wearing of facial hair.
Please note: Prior to start date , the selected candidate must meet the following requirements: Successfully complete pre-employment physical examination and obtain medical clearance from Stony Brook University's Employee Health Services, clear a background investigation; submit (3) written references, and provide a copy of the required license(s)/certificate(s). Please be advised that failure to comply with any of the above requirements could result in a delayed start date and/or revocation of the employment offer.
The selected candidate must successfully clear a background investigation.
Stony Brook University
- 2 years ago - save job