Tekni-Plex, Inc. a global, diversified manufacturer of packaging, products and materials has an immediate opening for experienced Maintenance Mechanics in Waco, TX.
Tekni-Plex, Inc. offers a wide variety of benefits, programs and services which address the needs of employees and their families. Tekni-Plex’s benefits include: tuition assistance, medical & dental, company paid short-term /long-term disability, group life insurance, employee assistance program(EAP), paid holidays and paid-time off (PTO).
Under the direction of the Maintenance Manager , the Maintenance Technician will provide skilled mechanical and electrical/electronic support to all areas of manufacturing.
- Ensures that organization standards are met in the areas of Safety, Quality, Reliability, Cost and Customer Service.
- Ensures all equipment meets safety requirements and that all jobs are performed in accordance with company safety guidelines.
- Maintains a safe and clean working environment, observes and follows all safety polices, wears appropriate and prescribed personal protective equipment (PPE). Must complete any necessary and/or required safety training.
- Ensure all equipment is maintained and are working in a safe and efficient manner.
- Must practice good housekeeping skills (i.e. sweeping, wiping, mopping, trash disposal, etc.). Maintains a clean, neat and well-organized work area, which includes returning items and or equipment to appropriate location and areas.
- Takes ownership in ensuring products produced meet quality standards and are built according to the product specification sheet.
- Demonstrates a sense of urgency and tenacity to resolve problems and implement process improvements.
- Install, repair, troubleshoot and setup industrial process controls and pneumatic, hydraulic and electro- mechanical systems.
- Has significant understanding of production equipment, functioning and operations.
- Ability to read and interpret meters, schematic diagrams, blueprints, rules and other measuring instruments.
- Maintains company-required performance and maintenance records for identified equipment.
- Performs preventive maintenance functions as directed.
- Assists other maintenance personnel with technical troubleshooting.
- Assists with the training and development of new technicians and other technical level employees.
- Perform general maintenance tasks such as welding, painting, woodworking, and carpentry, as needed.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Must be highly safety conscious (i.e. knowledge of OSHA compliance and standards)
- High school diploma or its equivalent required. Associate degree from a two-year collage or technical school (preferred).
- Proven experience in the electrical/electronic or mechanical or hydraulic and pneumatic field.
- High degree of precision working with minimum tolerances.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Excellent written and communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Candidate MUST have strong work ethic and is able to work with minimal supervision.
- Willing to work any shift and overtime as required.
- Basic computer skills (e.g. Microsoft Office) (preferred).
- PLC programming and experience with Robotics/Automation is a plus!
* C ompetitive compensation package is commensurate with qualifications and experience*
Tekni-Plex, Inc. - 2 years ago