Midwest Generation LLC, a worldwide leader in the production of electric power has 4 sites in Illinois that generate electricity safely and reliably. Our plants make electricity through burning coal, a fossil fuel. Midwest Generation is one of the largest independent power producers in the United States.
We are seeking qualified candidates for the position of at our Powerton Station located in Pekin, IL.The general requirements and responsibilities are as follows:
Working together under general supervision install, inspect, maintain, and repair electrical equipment typically found at a power plant; diagnose malfunctions; determine and take corrective action to restore electrical or electronic equipment or systems to service; maintain drawings, records and technical manuals; prepare and interpret reports; work from written, computer based and oral instructions, blueprints, circuit diagrams, and specifications; test and repair problems on electrical and electronic circuits; instruct, train, and coordinate the work of employees responsible for electrical equipment; is a member of the station's fire brigade or acts as station fire guide for outside fire departments; perform all activities in accordance with applicable health, safety, and environmental standards; utilize computer and other technology based work management systems as may be required in performing work duties; perform all activities in a high quality manner to achieve best industry practice; perform general cleaning and housekeeping duties; interact with station personnel, contractors and others to perform maintenance electrician functions; respond to overtime requests as needed; handle special assignments; and perform related work as required.
- Inspect, maintain, dismantle, repair, test, alter, and reassemble such electrical and electronic equipment as motors, generators and related auxiliary equipment, circuit breakers, control equipment, relays, signals, power and light circuits, programmable logic controllers and other digital control systems, fiber optic systems, transformers, and other power equipment.
- Test and repair problems on high and low voltage electrical and electronic circuits and systems.
- Assist in the planning and layout of jobs including parts and equipment identification and ordering needed to complete the job.
- Prepare work permits and administer the SAFE Access to Plant, or similar systems, as it applies to the equipment under the control of the Maintenance Electrician.
- Operate bridge cranes, forklifts, and other mobile equipment as required.
- Clean electrical equipment, electrical equipment areas, and shop areas, as required.
- Maintain generators and related auxiliaries; inspect and lubricate motors and controllers.
- Disassemble and reassemble couplings and gearboxes, using alignment tools and other precision measuring tools.
- Perform minor incidental welding.
- Use technology based systems to plan work, order parts and materials, enter repair history and perform training.
- Perform predictive and preventive maintenance activities and equipment performance analysis using diagnostic technologies and portable test equipment.
- Read, interpret, modify, and implement technical information found in manufacturer's technical manuals, electrical drawings and blueprints, P &IDs, and operating and maintenance procedures.
- Participate in ongoing training to maintain and enhance skills required to perform all Maintenance Electrician duties and assist in the training of others.
- Assist other job classifications as may be required.
Any combination equivalent to, but not limited to, the following:
High School degree or equivalent education, possess a valid driver's license, and pass appropriate test. Journeyman level experience strongly desired.
Must have knowledge of job safety requirements, strong verbal and written communications skills, interpersonal skills and possess a demonstrated ability to learn. Prior power plant experience strongly preferred.
Midwest Generation offers a competitive benefits package including comprehensive medical, dental and vision insurance, 401(k), pension, life insurance, educational assistance, paid sick leave, holidays and vacation. Pay rates start at $22 per hour.
Midwest Generation is proud to be an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We support and promote diversity in the workplace.
Edison Mission Group - 7 months ago
copy to clipboard -