"Where Creating the Best Hope for a Healthier Future Begins"
Provides skilled responsible supervision in the replacement, installation, alteration, adjustment, repair and planned maintenance necessary to maintain reliable and functionally efficient operation of buildings and facilities.
Additional Summary Specific to Job
Come join an exciting opportunity with our Facilities Department!
(2) openings -School of Dentistry & University Center Tower
- Assists in and/or coordinates the activities of a maintenance team.
- Provides assistance and guidance on high priority and/or difficult jobs.
- Allocates work to maintenance personnel according to established priorities and available human and physical resources.
- Maintains and produces various logs and reports for management using standard procedures.
- Conducts building inspections to identify needed maintenance and review completed work and work in progress.
- Provides work direction and guidance to personnel within department. Leads projects and activities.
- Required to carrying university communication device as assigned and respond to calls during normal business hours.
- This job classification is designated as "essential" at the UT Health Science Center at Houston. In case of an emergency, "essential" positions are those required to sustain clinical services and/or are responsible for the protection of university assets. Personnel in designated "essential" positions are expected to report to their designated work site during their appointed work schedules, even when the institution has been officially declared to be on "restricted access" or "closed" due to adverse conditions.
- Other duties as assigned
High School Diploma/Equivalent with a minimum of five years journeyman level experience including three years of supervisory experience.
- Current State of Texas Journeyman Electrician l license.
- Journeyman Plumbing license issued by the Texas State Board of Plumbing Examiners.
- Air Conditioning and Refrigeration Contractors license issued by the Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation.
- Completion of an approved Millwright or similar apprentice program or technical trade school for mechanics with a minimum of 1200 classroom hours and 8000 hours of formal on-the-job training and skill attainment in appropriate subjects, or National Center for Construction Education and Research (NCCER) certification as Millwright.
- Associates degree or certification in instrumentation technology issued by an accredited institution.
- City of Houston First or Second Grade Stationary Engineer License.
UT Health Science Center at Houston - 9 months ago