This position will be responsible to drive the improvement of plant reliability by leading the execution of DSM work processes. This includes developing, implementing and realizing the maintenance plan, within the manufacturing plan and within corporate requirements and guidelines, for Germantown and Waukesha, WI locations. This position has overall responsibility for maintenance activities at both locations.
1. Maintains and improves plant reliability through identifying/correcting bad actors, conducting root cause failure analyses, meeting mechanical integrity requirements, and implementing preventive/predictive maintenance programs.2. Translates the predictive and preventative maintenance (PPM) program into PPM plans, taking into account the maintenance strategy. a. Implements PPM plans in the maintenance management system. b. Creates technical scope of work for PPM plans. c. Supports the analyses and optimization of PPM plans. d. Reviews PPM plans on a regular basis.3. Overall responsibility for good functioning DSM maintenance work processes, including maintain plant, improve equipment reliability (IER) and maintenance, repair and operations (MRO). a. Drive the execution of maintenance procedures, and maintenance management systems to assure compliance with the fundamental plant reliability strategies, standards and practices.4. Defines and implements performance indicators and ensures periodical reporting of actual performance against predefined targets.5. Coordinates activities between maintenance operations and reliability process.6. Implements company-wide best practices and standards and is responsible for ensuring compliance at local site.7. Collaborates with manufacturing personnel in troubleshooting problems and implementing technology improvements, provides guidance and training as appropriate to promote proper operation and maintenance of equipment. a. Participates in cross-plant improvement teams and develops strong partnership with production.8. Manages and leads one direct report and six indirect reports. a. Supervises Maintenance Supervisor. b. Conducts performance management, coaching and career development.9. Implements QESH structures and systems in line with DSM and Business Group (BG) and Business Unit (BU) guidelines and systems in order to meet legal obligations, guarantee the quality of processes, products and services and ensure a safe and healthy working place for employees.
• Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or other Engineering field
• 5-10 years of experience in reliability engineering
• Experience in food production facility
• Certified Maintenance and Reliability Professional (CMRP) preferred
• Demonstrated ability to solve complex technical problems using formal techniques to evaluate systems, equipment, and processes
• Demonstrated ability to solve problems and make decisions independently
• Asset reliability and improvement techniques
• Experience defining, designing, developing, and monitoring the preventive/predictive maintenance process
• Experience in project management
• Continuous improvement methodology (6 Sigma)
• Excellent computer and analytical skills
• Utilize computer software to communicate and manage projects and associated financial information. (CAD, Microsoft Project, Visio)
• Good written and verbal communication skills
• Good interpersonal relationship skills and ability to interact with all levels of the organization
• Ability to lead teams and projects
• Action-orientated and able to execute
• Experience in supporting the maintenance function by providing or improving asset/capacity reliability
• Strong mechanical knowledge, organization and prioritization skillsMust exhibit DSM behaviors: Customer and external focus; Drive For Results; Engage People; Act Responsibly; and Improve, Innovate, and Change.
The Procedure and Contact
DSM's wide diversity of disciplines makes it possible to offer employees a great variety of roles throughout their career. For instance, you may start your career in an area related to your education/qualifications, but your future is what you make of it. At DSM we stimulate people to determine their own career path and we encourage international careers. We strive to be an Employer of Choice and ensure that our employees are nurtured and given the opportunity to develop their talents. To learn more about DSM’s HR vision and policy, please visit our website at www.dsm.com/careers. The DSM Recruitment and Selection Process is in line with the general procedure outlined elsewhere on our Career World. Please apply on-line and send your CV & cover letter in English and include information on your current salary. Reference check procedures are part of the DSM Recruitment & Selection Process. You will be contacted when these references checks are required.