To supervise and manage the maintenance department and its operations at the Houston factory.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage and supervise maintenance team. This includes (but isnt limited to):
Assign daily tasks and activities to maintenance lead man and mechanics in a manner that maximizes safety, quality and productivity.
Supervise the work of maintenance scheduler to ensure that the work orders are scheduled, issued out and closed out on time.
Responsible for establishing and maintaining the computerized maintenance management system (CMMS) to track work orders, PMs, equipment history and maintenance expenses.
Plan, execute and manage the monthly budget for maintenance.
Responsible for implementation of the right processes and behaviours to improve and sustain the maintenance KPIs, as defined and developed by the onsite Houston Operating System (H.O.S) team.
Work with other departments under plant operations to achieve common goals.
Ensure that all safety and other good work practices and procedures are followed to minimize risk.
Evaluate maintenance team members performance and conduct job performance reviews. Conduct coaching and discipline sessions with employees when appropriate.
- Work on various capital projectsproduction, maintenance, efficiency & safety related. Includes all stagesacquiring quotes, writing approval for funding documents, selection of vendors/contractors, project implementation and project turnover to the responsible department after HSE&S approval.
- Perform the duties of a SRE (Site Responsible Engineer), whose responsibilities include the following:
o Install a system to ensure that, engineering responsibilities, appointments and requirements for compliance with standard, is assigned in writing in local procedures.
o Ensure that a formal review procedure carried out by a competent person is applied to those items identified as critical equipment.
o Define the planned and preventative maintenance schedules. All critical equipment should be registered, periodically inspected, and any protective systems tested within a prescribed period.
o Make sure that any modifications or re-rating of critical equipment, or its protective systems, should be subjected to a formal review procedure as part of the MOC (Management of Change) procedure.
- Lead and/or participate in Process Hazard analysis (PHA) and with the onsite team as required. Also, using the engineering and technical experience, carry out other critical analysis like FMEA (Failure mode and effects analysis), 5 Whys, Root-cause analysis (RCA) etc for equipments related to production and/or maintenance. Responsible for the development and continuing implementation the Mechanical Integrity (MI) element of OSHA Process Safety Management (PSM) standard, specific to the Houston site.
- Lead, participate and contribute in all Health & Safety, Security and Environmental activities (SAFE meetings, BBS observer, HS&E training, Near Miss & AIRI reporting, Auditing, Housekeeping, 5S etc.).
College degree in Engineering with a minimum of 2 years Maintenance experience in a manufacturing environment. A technical degree and a minimum of 5 years experience as a maintenance manager in a manufacturing environment is also acceptable.
What will AkzoNobel offer you?
We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package including: Medical, Dental, Vision, Paid Time-Off, Holidays, Life Insurance, Short-term & Long-term Disability, 401(k) with immediate company match, Tuition Reimbursement, and much more.
Must be eligible to work in the United States for any employer. Employment contingent upon successful completion of background investigation and pre-employment drug screening. required. Environmentally responsible business. Phone calls will not be accepted.
AkzoNobel is an Equal Opportunity Employer