Directs and coordinates activities of workers engaged in repair, maintenance and installation of machines, tools, equipment, buildings, grounds and utility systems.
· Schedule repair, maintenance and installation of machines, tools and equipment to ensure continuous production operations.
· Set-ups, maintains, troubleshoots electrical, electronic, mechanical and hydraulic machines.
· Develop and coordinate preventative maintenance schedule for machines including performing any minor repairs and maintenance on machinery and buildings.
· Establishes, modifies and maintains programming of equipment.
· Plans, develops and implements new methods and procedures designed to improve operations and minimize operating costs.
· Reviews new product plans and discusses equipment needs and modifications with engineers and management.
· Confer with management, engineering and quality control personnel to resolve maintenance problems and recommend measures to improve operations and conditions of machines and equipment.
· Flexible in shifts worked including Saturdays.
· Follows prescribed safety policies and regulations.
· Read manuals and drawing to troubleshoot and assemble machinery.
· One year certificate from college or technical school; three to six months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Contributes to building a positive team spirit.
· Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification.
· Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
· Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
· Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
· Ability to write simple correspondence.
· Must be ready and available to work all shifts.
JELD-WEN, inc., is the world's leading manufacturer of reliable windows and doors. Based in Klamath Falls, Ore., JELD-WEN began as a small...