This position has responsibility for all day-to-day maintenance operations. The position contributes to production by achieving the plant’s goals through achieving maximum machine uptime by reducing cost, increasing productivity and improving machine reliability.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensure Company assets and physical plant are secure and well maintained.
- Achieve desired results in Safety by leading safety processes to sustain a safe work environment. Implement and coordinate department safety education and processes in accordance with corporate best practices and policies.
- Achieve desired results in Quality by leading process reliability efforts to ensure lowest cost, best quality with high return on assets.
- Manage the department resources and personnel to best meet the needs of the Manufacturing operations. Demonstrate flexibility in scheduling/repair to ensure minimal downtime to operations.
- Drive machine reliability through disciplined application of the Work Order and Preventative Maintenance systems.
- Manage the Maintenance Storeroom inventories and purchasing activities to ensure highest level possible of planning effectiveness.
- Responsible for accurate maintenance documentation/data entry.
- Demonstrate continuous improvement in safety, housekeeping, waste reduction, quality, productivity, customer satisfaction and cost.
- Responsible for accurate production documentation/data entry.
- Problem solve and address operational troubleshooting questions as they arise.
- Ensure facility is in compliance with all appropriate environmental regulations and permitting requirements. (note: not in all cases)
- Strong understanding of the key drivers of maintenance cost (labor, parts, asset utilization, etc.) and how to control them.
- Manage departmental cost within pre-approved budgetary limits.
- Participate in weekly plant cost control meetings by accurately reporting out maintenance costs along with suggestions for improvement.
- Coach and develop hourly employees to maximize their effectiveness. Identify and develop high potential employees for levels of greater responsibility and scope.
- Ensure performance feedback is completed effectively and on a timely basis. Reward and recognize employees.
- Hold people accountable for performance; work with under-performers on training assistance, or put them in documented performance improvement plans and/or disciplinary programs as necessary.
- Associates degree in Business or related field desired but not required.
- Appropriate technical certifications in electrical or mechanical fields preferred.
Previous Work Experience
- Will have a minimum of 5 years of maintenance experience within a manufacturing company.
- Will have ideally had demonstrated leadership among a group of employees in productivity, quality and safety.
- Must possess a strong safety and maintenance background.
- Will have process acumen, be results-driven and possess strong communications skills.
- Have a previous background in corrugated, paper or similar manufacturing environments.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Indeed - 18 months ago