The individual in this position works in the maintenance department to support the functioning of the production department to include, but not limited to: the repair and maintenance work as well as the preventative maintenance and installation work. Additionally, the individual is also responsible in certain cases to provide support to maintain and/or repair the company assets which are installed on site.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform repair and maintenance job on machines/equipments. This work includes operator calls, work order requests and preventive maintenance assignments.
- Participate and contribute in Health & Safety, Security and Environmental activities (SAFE meetings, BBS observer, HS&E training, Near Miss & AIRI reporting, Housekeeping, 5S, Recycling, Waste Management, etc.).
- Work with the external contractor(s) to provide necessary help and assistance in order to complete their work on site and issue the required work permits.
- Work on work requests related to front offices, labs, security gates and other equipment(s) spread across the site. Also, additional work as may be assigned
- Assist in problem research and resolution with internal and external customers.
High School diploma or GED plus 2 years maintenance experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Be able to perform electrical and mechanical repairs to processing machinery and associated equipment.
- Be able to repair and install equipment from schematics.
- Be able to properly document maintenance information in a neat and legible manner when required.
- Be computer literate.
- Ability to work safely and at ease while wearing appropriate personal protective equipment including: respiratory protection, gloves, safety shoes, hearing protection, aprons, face shields, etc.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to lift or move objects up to 50 Lbs without assistance or up to 100 Lbs with assistance.
- Display high level of customer service ability.
- Be willing to work on day and evening shifts including weekends as needed.
- Problem solving abilities.
What will AkzoNobel offer you?
We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package including: Medical, Dental, Vision, Paid Time-Off, Holidays, Life Insurance, Short-term & Long-term Disability, 401(k) with immediate company match, Tuition Reimbursement, and much more.
Must be eligible to work in the United States for any employer. Employment contingent upon successful completion of background investigation and pre-employment drug screening. required. Environmentally responsible business. Phone calls will not be accepted.
AkzoNobel is an Equal Opportunity Employer
AkzoNobel - 23 months ago