Industrial Electricians and Maintenance Mechanics Needed!
Are you an experienced electrician or maintenance mechanic with a passion for working in the manufacturing industry? Do you enjoy investigating the root cause of an electrical or mechanical problem and finding the solution? Would you like to work for a great company that gives back to its employees and values individuals who take initiative?
If so, you may want to learn more about job opportunities with KapStone Container!
Benefits of Working for Us:
• Base rates up to $25.77, minimum rate: $20.87
• Starting rate based on experience, knowledge and certifications
• Additional pay for working 2nd or 3rd shift
• Annual pay increases
• 11 paid holidays
• Earn up to 4 weeks of vacation
• Employee Recognition Programs
• Financial, Health and Wellness Programs available to eligible employees including:
401(k), Medical, Prescription, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Employee Assistance and more!
Interested in joining the team?
Here’s what you need to know before you apply:
Our Industrial Electricians and Maintenance Mechanics are responsible for keeping our machines, production lines and overall plant running and in good condition.
Preference will be given to applicants with relevant industry knowledge such as:
• Strong electrical or electrical electronics experience, including PLC’s
• Maintenance and repair experience on machinery used in the box industry such as corrugators, flexo and die cut machines, gluers and conveyors
• Associate’s degree or higher in Industrial Maintenance, Electrical Engineering, Electrical Electronics, Machining or a related field
• Demonstrated advanced training or certification in the electrical or mechanical industry such as a journeyman electrician’s license or boiler’s license
• 2+ years of military service in a related capacity
• Powered industrial truck experience
• Leadership skills
• Lean manufacturing knowledge, especially 5S
Applicants need to possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities to be considered:
• A general understanding of safety practices in a manufacturing environment
• Basic knowledge of quality assurance principles
• Willingness to follow work rules and procedures especially in regards to safety, quality and attendance
• A commitment to alerting the management team when safety, quality or other production issues arise
• Strong understanding of preventative maintenance principles
• Demonstrated troubleshooting abilities
• Understanding of control circuits, hydraulics and pneumatics
• Ability to read and understand wiring schematics, machine manuals, mechanical drawings and blue prints
• Excellent reasoning and problem solving skills
• Strong co mputer skills such as the ability to navigate through program screens
• Willingness to take initiative, learn new skills and help team members
• General facilities maintenance experience
Applicants for this position must be:
• Willing to work any of our three shifts which generally run from approximately 7 a.m. – 3 p.m., 3 p.m. – 11 p.m. and 11 p.m. – 7 a.m.
• Willing to work mandatory overtime, 12 hour shifts and weekends, as needed
• Able to safely maneuver around our machines – some of which are in tight quarters
Candidates who meet the above listed qualifications will be required to take our general aptitude tests and must achieve the minimum required test scores to qualify for a formal interview.
Ready to apply?
Here’s your first test, follow the instructions below!
Are you on the KapStone Paper Careers Website?
Then simply click on the “Apply Online” link in the bottom right hand corner of this page.
Checking us out from another site?
Use the link below to go directly to the KapStone job description, scroll to the bottom of the page and click on the “Apply Online” link in the bottom right hand corner of the page.
Note to applicants: Effective 1/1/2014, please do not answer any questions related to your criminal history during the initial application process. Any answers to any questions pertaining to criminal background will not be reviewed or considered during the initial application process however employer policy or the law may disqualify applicants with certain backgrounds from particular positions.
KapStone Paper and Packaging Corporation was formed in April 2005 by industry veterans to establish operating businesses in the paper,...