Shift is 1:00PM - 9:30 PM with occasional on-call responsibilities.
Incumbent will perform work involving the skills of two or more maintenance or craft occupations to keep machines, mechanical equipment, or the structure of the warehouse in repair.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Repair or replace defective equipment parts using hand tools and power tools, and reassemble equipment.
- Perform routine preventive maintenance to ensure that machines continue to run smoothly, building systems operate efficiently, and the physical condition of buildings does not deteriorate.
- Inspect drives, motors, and belts, check fluid levels, replace filters, and perform other maintenance actions, following checklists.
- Use tools ranging from common hand and power tools, such as hammers, hoists, saws, drills, and wrenches, to precision measuring instruments and electrical and electronic testing devices.
- Assemble, install and/or repair wiring, electrical and electronic components, pipe systems and plumbing, machinery, and equipment.
- Diagnose mechanical problems and determine how to correct them, checking blueprints, repair manuals, and parts catalogs as necessary.
- Inspect, operate, and test machinery and equipment in order to diagnose machine malfunctions.
- Record maintenance and repair work performed and the costs of the work.
- Clean and lubricate shafts, bearings, gears, and other parts of machinery.
- Dismantle devices to gain access to and remove defective parts, using hoists, cranes, hand tools, and power tools.
- Adjust functional parts of devices and control instruments, using hand tools, levels, etc. Paint and repair roofs, windows, doors, floors, woodwork, plaster, drywall, as needed. Operate cutting torches or welding equipment to cut or join metal parts.
- Align and balance new equipment after installation.
- Inspect used parts to determine changes in dimensional requirements, using rules, calipers,.
- Set up and operate machine tools to repair or fabricate machine parts, jigs and fixtures, and tools.
- Estimate repair costs.
- Perform other duties as assigned (including other departments)
(Education, Certification, and Relevant Experience
- *This is a safety sensitive position
- Requires trade school or specialty training in a maintenance discipline, or equivalent experience,
- 5 years experience in facility or maintenance repair
- Applicants must have good verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be able to lift, carry and lower up to 50 lbs.
- Physical Requirements include continuous standing, walking, lifting, and carrying.
- Requires frequent bending, stooping, turning, kneeling, crouching, and climbing.
- Occasional sitting, pushing and pulling will be encountered.
- Reach above, at, and below shoulder.
- Ability to operate Swing Reach, Dock Fork, Pallet Jack, and Order Picker. (will train)
- Must be able to use Power Tools
Non climate controlled warehouse environment with temperature averaging 70 - 85 degrees and 22% humidity. Noise level 80 to 100 decibels for short periods of time depending on job.
SUPERVALU - Pharmacy - 8 months ago