Plant Electrician/Mechanic - Batavia
Reason for Change
Updated Major Responsibilities
Summary of Primary Purpose
The incumbent will install, repair and maintain all equipment and electrical systems of the plant facilities as well as perform basic maintenance mechanical duties to ensure equipment meets and maintains all manufacturing goals.
Description of Major Responsibilities
1. Works safely at all times. Observes all company and safety policies.
2. Troubleshoots all existing electrical units, installation of new equipment and feeder systems.
3. Modifies and updates existing electrical equipment.
4. Complies with the National Electric Code on equipment.
5. May design and draw schematics for equipment updates.
6. Examines expansion plans for proper electrical installation.
7. Works with all departments on electrical or mechanical related problems.
8. Inspects installation of all new equipment for proper safety lockouts.
9. Troubleshoots PLC and makes necessary repairs.
10. Must be able to operate a forklift truck and obtain annual certification.
11. Performs all normal Electrician and Mechanic job assignments as needed
12. Perform housekeeping duties on a regular basis.
13. Performs other duties as assigned
Employee works in a manufacturing environment. Individual will work a schedule including regular weekend work as needed. Requires prolonged standing (70%) with occasional walking (30%). Requires twisting at waist, bending/stooping, squatting/kneeling, and climbing ladders. Incumbent may lift up to 50 lbs. on a regular basis and lift/carry more than 70 lbs. occasionally. Requires reaching at, above and below shoulder level.
1. The ability to see, read, distinguish letters and/or symbols. Requires near/far acuity.
2. Must have legible handwriting.
3. Must have an electrical and mechanical aptitude.
4. Must have successfully completed training in the companys lockout/tag out program.
5. Must be able to learn the various plant facilities and equipment and processes of the company.
6. Must be able to work with minimal supervision.
7. Requires the ability to communicate effectively with others.
8. Work overtime as required to meet customers needs.
Basic educational level background normally acquired through the completion of high school level programs leading to a diploma or equivalent preferred.
5+ years in a manufacturing environment. Able to trouble shoot and repair hydraulic, pneumatic, electrical, and plumbing problems. Installs and maintains production equipment. Must have own tools. HS diplorma or equivalent required. Must be able to work 12 hour shifts. Packaging experience a plus