Share Position: Maintenance Mechanic-2nd Shift Job Code: 5407
Location: GOJO Lippman Campus, Cuyahoga Falls Ohio
Work Hours 3:00 pm - 11:00pm
No direct reports
< 10% travel required
Installs, Maintains and repairs machinery, equipment, physical structures, and pipe & electrical systems in and GOJO Industries, Inc. facility, following specifications, blueprints, manuals, and schematic drawing, using hand tools, power tools, hoist crane, and measuring & testing equipment.
Education and Experience Required
- Visually inspects and tests machinery and equipment, using electrical and electronic test equipment. Listens for unusual sounds from machines or equipment to detect malfunction and discusses machine operation variations with supervisors or other maintenance workers to diagnose problem or repair machine.
- Dismantles defective machines and equipment and installs new or repaired parts, following specifications and blueprints, using precision measuring instruments and hand tools.
- Cleans and lubricates shafts, bearings, gears, and other parts of machinery, using rags, brushes, and grease gun.
- Installs and repairs electrical apparatus, such as thermal couples, heat sensors and wiring, and electrical and electronic components of machinery and equipment.
- Repairs and maintains physical structures and grounds.
- Assist in installation of machinery and equipment according to blueprints and other specifications.
- Set up and operate basic machine tools.
- Modify and maintain a variety of machines utilizing mechanical skills such as, basic welding, soldering, pipe fitting, and plumbing
- Operate a cutting torch or welding equipment to cut or join metal parts.
- Perform mechanical installations including but not limited to pumps, pipes and valves, conveyors, tank mixers, fans, packaging equipment, and site equipment.
- Supply demand and PM work order information. For new work orders provide estimated materials, estimated work time, work description, and estimated down time. For completed work orders provide actual work times, actual materials, notes on final equipment condition, and the names and employee numbers of all employees participating in completion of work order.
- Function as a technical team member for inter and intra department teams.
- Assist in the orientation and training of employees.
- Recommend procedural changes or additions and equipment changes or additions to improve processes.
Two years' experience in industrial automated machine maintenance, with trouble-shooting and diagnostic responsibilities. Previous experience working with hydraulics, pneumatics, steam and condensate systems, and facility electrical systems.
Combination of experience, education, and demonstrated skills in above areas.
Additional General/Technical Skills Required
Apply for this position Return to Job Listings
- Follow safety procedures and policies. Recommend new safety procedures or modification to existing procedures.
- Basic math, reading, and writing skills.
- Basic desktop/pc skills such as email, Word and Excel.
- General knowledge of facility/utilities/process systems.
- Use oxy-acetylene equipment.
- Knowledge of proper application and use of hand tools, power hand tools, and basic measure devices to perform preventive maintenance and repair tasks.
- Knowledge of proper application and use of stationary power tools such as drill press, table saw, and band saw.
- Technical literacy for the reading of manuals, procedures, operating instructions, and trouble shooting guides.
- Demonstrate proficiency in reading and interpreting mechanical blue prints, sketches, and drawings.
- Basic pipe fitting and plumbing skills to cut and thread pipe, sweat copper fittings, and cement weld PVC and CPVC pipe and fittings.
- Demonstrated ability to install and maintain mechanical power transmission systems such as belt and pulley systems, gear boxes, chain drives and couplings.
- Ability to use basic portable test equipment such as tachometer, ultrasonic monitor, temperature probes, vibration monitor, multimeter, pyrometer, and infrared heat camera.
- Physical agility to perform major tasks of the position.
- Lifting requirement up to 55 pounds.
- Basic PLC knowledge and electrical skills
- Confined Space entry experience and certification.
- Valid drivers license with less than 6 points.
Send position to a friend
Recruiters, Search Agencies or others referring candidates to GOJO Industries, Inc. without written authorization from GOJO Industries, Inc. Human Resources will not be compensated in any way for their referral even if GOJO Industries, Inc. hires the candidate.
GOJO is an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Employer M/F/D/V. Applicants must be lawfully authorized to work in the United States. GOJO does not seek or respond to unsolicited resumes sent electronically for positions that are not listed below.
GOJO Industries wants to go where other forms of good hygiene haven't. The company makes hand cleaners for professional and consumer...