Sunoco Logistics Partners L.P. (NYSE: SXL) is a publicly traded master limited partnership formed in 2002 to acquire, own and operate a diverse mix of crude oil and refined products pipelines, and terminalling and storage facilities, as well as crude oil acquisition and marketing assets. Our business is characterized by extensive industry and safety experience, strong financial fundamentals, and operational flexibility. Collectively, a strong asset base and the successful execution of our business strategies have consistently delivered substantial returns to unitholders.
Planner/Scheduler position is responsible for the effective execution of all maintenance work control processes. This position works directly with the Technical Supervisor to ensure efficient and effective use of planning and scheduling all resources to conduct maintenance activities which result in minimum downtime and maximum productivity. The Planner/Scheduler is empowered to manage work priority, develop job plans, define parts and material, define crafts and skills and engage the proper resources to develop a safe, effective and efficient work control plan. Responsibilities include the completion of planning/scheduling activities within the maintenance organization by utilizing advanced technical knowledge of maintenance crafts, planning, scheduling and coordinating techniques, as well as applying innovative operation theories, concepts, technology and negotiation skills. Utilizes the PM system in SAP (a maintenance work order system) to review, prioritize and schedule maintenance work; negotiates down time with operations to accommodate required maintenance activities. Appropriates materials for maintenance activities; coordinates scheduling of critical inspections for compliance with all pertinent regulatory agencies. In addition, the Planner/Scheduler provides the equipment-related expertise and technical guidance on improving Preventive Maintenance activities.
Duties and Responsibilities
Planner/Scheduler once a valid work request is submitted will prioritize, plan, schedule and follow –up on accuracy of the job plan for all planned (PM, Pdm and corrective) work. There focus is not day to day but is to be proactive and optimize workforce productivity and minimize downtime by managing work 2 weeks or more in advance. In performance of these duties the planner/scheduler has the following responsibilities:
- Principle contact and liaison between the maintenance department and operation planning. They ensure the area, department or facility in which they are assigned receive professional maintenance service in a timely manner to ensure high equipment availability and performance.
- Review all planned work request from assigned area and determine validity and accuracy of information and engage the appropriate resources to set a preliminary priority. (Note; emergency work orders are not processed by planner/schedulers, but are supported as needed)
- Reviews work request for accuracy and clarity: clear scope of work, realistic completion date, proper lead times, correct equipment identification, proper charge number (if applicable), proper authorization, and discuss details with originator of the work order.
- Identifies work requiring engineering design and reviews them with engineering.
- Escalates issues to the Tech. Supervisor for work which does not appear to be valid or costly.
- Obtain and organize all information required for the crafts to perform the work: drawings, vendor manual, supplemental instructional materials, special procedures, and other file material which is appropriate. Supplement this information by preparing any additional sketches, drawings, diagrams, notes, or any instructional material which will clarify the work to be performed.
- Identifies and secures all parts and material required to complete the work by providing stores a Bill of Material for the work order and any special kitting instructions.
- Approach all aspect of the work being performed with safety as the highest priority.
- Provide job estimates based on craft or skills required, sequence required and number required.
- Determine and identify any vendor delivered service for the work order. (i.e., contract vibration service or alignment service).
- Manage the status of work control and backlog for work order submission to work order completion. Status may include: waiting for planning, waiting parts, ready to schedule, scheduled, etc.
- Verifies all material, information, tools and labor are available prior to scheduling.
- Works with Maintenance leads, supervisors and planners to determine resource availability and work to level the work force.
- Develops a preliminary workforce schedule by crew ensuring all skills requirement and resource availability is met.
- Actively participate in scheduling meeting with operation partners to finalize priority of work orders, optimum downtime windows, and necessary lead times.
- Finalize the Maintenance resource schedule based on agreed plan with production.
- Follow up and communicates schedule to all resources: maintenance, production, outside services, stores and engineering.
- Issue scheduled work orders with job plan packets to supervisors. Address any questions about the job plan packets.
- Follow up with supervisors and lead to ensure that completed work job packets are turned in with improvement comments in a timely fashion.
- Manage a backlog of work orders which require major or significant portion of the facility to be shutdown.
- Keep accurate metrics on the performance of planning and scheduling functions and provide timely reports to the Reliability manager.
- Preferred associates or bachelors degree. High school diploma. Minimum 5 years maintenance experience.
- Maintenance craft knowledge.
- Mechanical/electrical background is necessary. Apprenticeship program or technical school background is desirable.
- Solid computer skills.
Preferred Skills, Education, and Experience:
Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree.
Sunoco Logistics - 8 months ago