Maintenance Specialist III
Performs routine moderately complex, journey level, work in one or more building maintenance and construction trades. Work involves conducting inspections, adjustments, installations, maintaining and repairing buildings, utility systems, and stationary equipment, dependant on the trade and operating motorized equipment, requisitioning materials and supplies; and maintaining records. Complete paperwork and maintains work order records. Communicates verbally and in writing, possibly using electronic equipment. Works as a team member with other shops and employees. May be required to perform other task to include operation of a motor vehicle, making deliveries, picking up supplies, and other incidental tasks. May train others. Works under general supervision with moderate latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment.
Essential Job Functions:
Attends work on a regular and predictable schedule in accordance with agency leave policy and performs other duties as assigned.
1. Performs inspections, adjustments, maintenance and repair work on building systems in accordance with recognized codes and standards for various trades such as plumbing, HVAC, welding, carpentry, painting and electrical, to ensure proper maintenance and repair. Demonstrates proper use of hand tools or equipment while performing repairs or inspections. Follows directions in performance of duties. 15%
2. Performs repairs and renovations to modernize a building, building system, or adapt it to new uses. Identifies necessary information such as time required to perform repair/renovation and physical location of necessary repair/renovation. Identifies necessary materials and assembly details. 20%
3. Selects appropriate material to replace and repair building or building systems. Assists in identifying the causes of system or equipment failure. Calculates material, labor costs, orders parts and supplies to properly make the necessary repairs. 10%
4. Maintains safe and uninterrupted services to campus operations and programs systems 15%
5. Uses hand tools, power tools, and tests safety equipment as necessary. 10%
6. Accurately completes and maintains records on work orders, projects and material requisitions. 10%
7. May operate heavy machinery such as backhoes, forklifts, etc. as necessary. 5%
8. May train others on the proper procedures and methods for repairs or inspections. 10%
9. Other duties as assigned 5%
Other duties as assigned include but are not limited to actively participating and/or serving in a supporting role to meet the agency’s obligations for disaster response and/or recovery or Continuity of Operations (COOP) activation. Such participation may require an alternate shift pattern assignment and/or location.
Knowledge Skills Abilities:
Current valid Texas driver’s licensed required
High School graduate or equivalent preferred
Knowledge of the repair, maintenance, and operations of buildings, building systems and grounds.
Knowledge of building mechanical systems, electrical distribution systems, electronics, boilers, painting and carpentry; of building materials, plumbing and electrical fixtures; welding procedures, HVAC, sanitation, and refrigeration.
Knowledge of industrial safety, fire and safety regulations.
Skill in the use of hand tools, power tools, and test equipment
Skill in preventative maintenance and inspections of buildings and building systems.
Ability to perform maintenance, to follow instructions, estimate materials; to apply proper methods, techniques and procedures in the maintenance and repair of buildings, building and utility systems.
Ability to interpret drawings, schematics, or sketches.
Ability to work independently or with a team.
Ability to solve problems, make decisions and use good judgment.
Ability to communicate effectively orally or in writing with other members of the maintenance and facility team.
Registration or Licensure Requirements:
Current Texas Drivers License.
Journeyman or Masters Electricans License.
Initial Selection Criteria:
Completion of 12 grade or GED.
Plus 1 year experience in an electrical installation/repair application working under a licensed electrican.
Requisition ID# 221307
On Call duty as Scheduled for an occassional weekend duty.
All applicants must pass:
1. pre-employment drug screen
2. fingerprint & criminal background checks
3. Client Abuse/Neglect Reporting System (CANRS) checks
4. Employee Misconduct Registry and Nurse/Aide Registry checks.
Males between the ages of 18 – 25 must be registered with the Selective Service.
All State Supported Living Center employees are subject to Random drug testing.
Flexibility in work hours may be required for this position. The position may be required to work overtime and/or extended hours.
San Angelo State Supported Living Center is located approximately 20 miles northwest of San Angelo on Highway 87N in Carlsbad, TX
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), HHS agencies will provide reasonable accommodation during the hiring and selection process for qualified individuals with a disability. If you need assistance completing the on-line application, contact the AccessHR service center at 1-888-894-4747. If you are contacted for an interview and need accommodation to participate in the interview process, please notify the person scheduling the interview.
Texas Department of Family and Protective Services - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard