Manage the preventive and predictive maintenance programs, manage maintenance line support, manage/support the department and plant maintenance budgets, coordinate plant shutdown assignments, provide capital project input and support as well as overseeing the maintenance resources necessary to assure the production plan is met and/or exceeded while maintaining a zero incident safety mindset, teamwork attitude and excellent customer service.
B. ESSENTIAL DUTIES:
1. Supervising the resources for preventive/predictive maintenance, calibration and maintenance work order completion. This includes effective work order planning and scheduling via MAXIMO plus achieving departmental KPI goals.
2. Customer interface (in support of uptime and meeting production plan) through attendance and participation in required, scheduled daily meetings.
3. Actively participate in capital plant projects and/or process improvement initiatives.
4. Coordinates contractor activities on-site for maintenance or projects. Supervises the plant Maintenance Planner’s activities, including the requisitioning of parts and materials for both work orders and plant maintenance projects.
5. Coordinates shutdown activities with Maintenance, Engineering, Operations, Division, and external vendors/contractors to ensure timely and thorough completion of shutdown projects within the Maintenance purview.
6. Assures compliance to all procedures and policies concerning all areas of quality, regulatory, safety and human resources.
7. Coaches, develop, and mentors employees in areas of responsibility. Responsible for recruitment, selection, development/training and retention of employees.
8. Assists in the development of departmental budgets and standards. Provide input into all changes including updates, cost improvements and plans.
9. Must effectively supervise a 24/7 maintenance operation, which may include working a non-standard work week schedule (i.e., not Monday thru Friday) which includes working on weekends, holidays and multiple shifts. Responsibilities include responding to all phone calls (cell phone included) on a 24/7 basis.
This position requires the incumbent to manage multiple tasks (i.e., assist other departments (QA, EHS, IT, Production, Material Control)) as needed in support of special assignments. Demonstrating compliance of procedures and/or SOP fostering a team environment in this small operation. Additionally, the incumbent is expected to support or perform other duties as assigned by the department manager.
Background/Skills: Experience: 5 +yrs leadership experience or equivalent. Previous experience as a mechanic, electrician or instrument tech beneficial. Extensive experience in leading/managing projects or process improvement initiatives; Previous Lean Six Sigma training beneficial. Extensive experience in troubleshooting and resolving technical issues. Strong, proven leadership experience required with an emphasis on supervision of direct reports and influence senior leadership. Previous experience in generating and managing financial budgets. Ability to manage a department in the absence of the department manager.
Bachelor’s degree required
Skills: Candidate must successfully demonstrate/possess a strong work ethic, safety-conscious philosophy (i.e. zero incident mindset), strong customer service attitude, excellent communication skills, initiative, strong technical knowledge, planning and organizing, teamwork, attention to detail, strong problem solving skills and prior knowledge of computer systems (i.e. Windows desktop software).
Accountability/Scope: Manage the preventive and predictive maintenance programs, manage maintenance line support, manage/support the department and plant maintenance budgets, coordinate plant shutdown assignments, provide capital project input and support as well as overseeing the maintenance resources necessary to assure the production plan is met and/or exceeded while maintaining a zero incident safety mindset, teamwork attitude and excellent customer service.
Physical Demands: Walking, bending, climbing
Significant Work Activities and Conditions
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods ( more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
MANUFACTURING & OPERATIONS
Abbott Laboratories - 10 months ago
Filling baby bottles and treating disease... these are the habits of Abbott. Abbott Laboratories is a top health care products manufacturer....