Metl-Span is a leader in the manufacturing of insulated metal panels for commercial, industrial and cold storage buildings. Our foam core composite building panels provide the most efficient insulation values available anywhere.
Metl-Span offers a competitive compensation & benefit package including medical, dental, vision, vacation and holiday pay, 401(k), and other supplemental benefits available. We are an equal opportunity employer and offer a drug-free work environment.
Duties include actual “hands-on” maintenance activities such as repairs and PM on various types of metal components machinery, including general metal working equipment and industry specific equipment.
- Manage daily operations of maintenance department and supervise maintenance employees' work activities, schedule, safety, etc.
- Promote good safety attitudes and awareness with employees through discussions and group safety inspections.
- Manage plan, schedule and prioritize all maintenance work based on manufacturing schedule, equipment efficiency, parts and material supply.
- Report daily progress and status of PM's, hours employees worked the previous day and any manufacturing schedule changes. Report weekly on straight hours, overtime hours, dollar amounts for breakdowns BBS completions, toolbox completions, work order completions for the week.
- Lead TPM Program by training effected employees on PM Practices & tasks
- Ensures the equipment files, both hard and electronic are kept up to date at all times.
- Manage multiple projects and meet deadlines. Perform other duties and special projects as requested by management.
- Various Reports due weekly. Work closely and communicate with other managers on the purchase of equipment, tools, parts, services, expediting material, material control, inventory and supplies necessary for the department.
- Previous maintenance experience with supervisory or management experience is necessary.
- Experience in hydraulics and electrical required.
- Experience with programming and troubleshooting Controllogix, Powerflex Drives, and Ethernet communications.
- Experience with A/C, heating, and plumbing helpful.
- Must have good technical and mechanical aptitude with experience in the use of various hand and power tools.
- Machine guarding and related safety experience helpful.
- Must read and interpret blueprints and schematics of said systems
- Rollformer experience a plus
- Must be able to effectively communicate with subordinates, as well as all levels of management
- This position MAY require travel
Any offer of employment is conditional on meeting these requirements, in addition to a negative drug test result, and an acceptable motor vehicle record (MVR) check and
criminal history background check.
NCI Building Systems - 21 months ago
NCI Group, INC (NYSE: NCS) is a North American leader in metal buildings and components for the non-residential construction industry...