Maintenance Supervisor - HVAC Tech
Vidor Health and Rehabilitation - Vidor, TX
Creative Solutions in Healthcare has an immediate opening for a strong Maintenance Supervisor! We are a long term care facility located in Vidor, Texas. We are looking for great people to join our team. The Maintenance Supervisor is responsible for making daily rounds of the facility grounds and interior, checking for potential safety hazards, environmental concerns, and inspecting facility equipment, as well as general physical plant needs. The ideal Maintenance Supervisor candidate will have strong skills in HVAC, boilers, washer and dryer repair, and knowledge of emergency and fire systems. The Maintenance Supervisor will also need basic computer skills to log preventative maintenance tasks into TELS, an online Senior Building Management tool.
The successful candidate will possess the following skills:
- HVAC experience preferred, but not required.
- Experience with heating and air conditioning, boiler and water systems, washers, dryers, emergency power generators and other basic physical plant and equipment items.
- Understanding of principles of preventive maintenance.
- Ability to communicate with staff.
- Ability to work with facility budget.
- Genuine care for and interest in elderly and handicapped people.
- Ability to perform work tasks within the physical demand requirements of the position (walking, standing, lifting, bending).
- Ability to comply with the Patient Bill of Rights and the Employee Responsibilities.
- Ability to comply with Company and departmental safety policies and procedures.
- Participate in new hire orientation to promote safety, disaster policy and overall safety awareness.
- Conduct and document inspection of fire control systems; coordinate monthly fire drills.
- Hire, orient and supervise maintenance staff and functions.
- Schedule department hours in keeping with census and labor budget.
- Order and maintain stock of supplies and equipment.
- Perform maintenance functions as required.
- Ensure the facility physical plant and equipment is maintained in safe and efficient working order.
- Repair equipment and tools as necessary.
- Supervise outside contractors as necessary.
- Establish and implement preventive maintenance program.
- Responsible for job specific training of department employees.
- Must qualify for company insurance, pass DMV check, practice safe defensive driving skills.
We are looking for a motivated self-starter with a caring, compassionate heart. A complete benefits package is available including cell phone allowance, PTO (Paid Time Off), health, dental, vision and additional supplemental insurance products, and tuition reimbursement after one year of service. All full time employees also receive a free $5,000 life insurance policy and free $5,000 AD & D policy after 90 days. Creative Solutions in Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).