Maintenance Technician Needed for Immediate Hire in West Mobile Apartment Community. Excellent Pay and Benefits. $14-$16 per hour depending on experience.
The Maintenance Technician shall work under the supervision of the Maintenance Supervisor and Property Manager to insure that all apartment units and other community facilities are in good working order.
This position will include repairing air conditioning and heating units (HVAC Certification required for this position), electrical appliances and outlets, plumbing, carpentry, locks, and similar repairs. The Maintenance Technician will also assist the Maintenance Supervisor in preparing units for leasing.
General Duties and Responsibilities Shall Include:
- Work order assignment and service
- Repair of HVAC units (both cooling and heating, HVAC certification is required. Resumes without an HVAC certification will not be considered for this position)
- Repair and replace kitchen appliances such as refrigerators, stoves, dish washers, washers and dryers.
- Plumbing repairs and replacement/installation including repairing leaks in toilets and sinks and unclogging toilets as requested.
- Repair and replace light fixtures and perform other minor electrical work.
- Repair locks and other miscellaneous repairs as assigned.
- Preparation of units (make ready) to recently vacated units available for leasing.
- Any other miscellaneous duties as assigned by the Maintenance Supervisor or Property Manager.
This position will be required to work on an on-call basis or overtime hours as needed. On-call duty is on a rotation with the Maintenance Supervisor.
At least one year of experience in performing mechanical repairs and maintenance of community related mechanical equipment. This should include a background in repair and maintenance of heating and air conditioning units.
An EPA certification, HVAC certification (mandatory),
Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities
- Knowledge of heating and air conditioning unit repair and maintenance.
- Basic knowledge of the repair and maintenance of other household appliances, plumbing, and lighting fixtures.
- Ability to communicate with residents and co-workers in a friendly manner.
- Ability to lift weights of over 50 pounds regularly.
- Skill in using common and specialized tools efficiently to make repairs and perform maintenance duties.
Physical and Environmental Requirements:
This position typically requires work that involves non-aerobic physical activity such as bending, stooping, repetitive hand use, regular use of hand tools, and regular lifting of weights, often over 50 pounds. It also requires climbing of stairs and ladders to access apartment units and items including roofs for repair replacement or Preventative Maintenance.
When on call, employee will need to live/be no further than a 30-minute response time to the property.
Must have a valid driver’s license and current auto insurance.
ALL applicants are required to pass a drug screening and background screening for pre-employment before hire.
Please submit your resume via email, by fax to 251-776-5730 or apply in person at 1200 Somerby Drive, Mobile, AL 36695. All resumes must include an hourly wage requirement to be considered. No phone calls PLEASE. Upon review of submitted resumes, we will schedule interviews within the next week.