Picerne Military Housing is currently looking to hire a team of Maintenance Technicians at Seymour Johnson Air Force Base with varying degrees of experience to deliver superior customer service to military families on post.
Expected start date for this opportunity will be late spring of 2013.
Responsibilities will vary depending on experience
- Diagnose and repair problems in such areas as HVAC, electrical, plumbing, major appliances, carpentry, emergency systems, flooring, hardware accessories, masonry, painting, pools, waste management systems, etc,
- Complete maintenance requests and preventative maintenance in a timely and professional manner. Maintaining a clean work space in the residents’ home. Explain all repairs completed to residents as needed. Follow through to ensure issue is resolved.
- Perform make-ready turn related work as required to ensure vacant homes are rent-ready in a timely manner. (i.e.-hang blinds, switch plates, etc.)
- Assist Maintenance Supervisor with organizing and prioritizing maintenance requests and tasks. Following up with techs for work order completion.
- Maintain models, interior public and common areas of the communities including hallways, corridors, laundry rooms, storage areas, fitness centers, basketball courts, business offices, vacant homes, multipurpose / community rooms, pool areas, signage and mailboxes in a neat, clean and attractive condition
- Maintain all grounds including community centers, pool areas, breezeways, entranceways, sidewalks, public walkways and stairways, and building exteriors, in a neat, clean and attractive condition.
- Inspect community common areas and report safety hazards
- Pick up trash and debris on a regular basis.
- Inspect light fixtures/replace inoperable bulbs; report broken fixtures to management.
- Perform snow and ice removal as needed.
- 1-3 years of experience in residential multi-family housing maintenance, grounds keeping and custodial work
- Proven competency and success in specialties of electrical, plumbing, HVAC, appliance repair, carpentry and general maintenance
- Unversal CFC or HVAC certification from an EPA approved technician certification program is highly preferred
- Highschool Diploma or equivalent
- Valid Driver’s License
- Must be available for after-hours emergency repairs, on call and scheduled work rotations
Picerne Military Housing - 19 months ago