Targa Resources (Targa) is a leading provider of midstream natural gas and NGL services in the United States. We own and operate approximately 12,090 miles of natural gas and NGL pipelines, with natural gas gathering systems covering approximately 14,400 square miles and 21 natural gas processing plants located primarily in the Permian Basin, Texas, New Mexico and Louisiana regions.
Targa is currently seeking a Maintenance Technician for their facility located in Sterling, TX.
Job Duties / Responsibilities
Minimum Essential Qualifications
- Learn and understand Targa’s Safety Policies and Procedures and Business Ethics Policies. Plan and perform all assignments in a safe manner by utilizing the proper tools, safety and environmental precautions, permitting, and Process Safety Management, and have a basic knowledge of the effect his work will have on his co-workers and the plant and field operations.
- Learn to fill out applicable work/hot work permits, lockout/tagout documentation, attend and participate in tailgate sessions with others involved in work site activities.
- Learn and gain a good working knowledge of Natural Gas Characteristics, Engine & Compressor Operations and Maintenance, and Gas & Liquid Measurement. There will be verbal review sessions to determine learning progress and assist in the individual’s development.
- General clean up of assigned work areas (compressor buildings, warehouse/office buildings, etc.).
- Actively participate in all safety meetings and safety functions. A Maintenance Tech I is responsible for his/her safety and of any person he/she may be working with.
- Must be able to perform functions as outline on Essential Job Duties for a Maintenance Tech I
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
- Assist in all maintenance activities related to Plant maintenance and operation.
- Capable of performing daily tasks unsupervised. Posses the ability to schedule, prioritize and organize work schedule.
- Complete plant operator training to be able to operate and perform relief operator duties.
- Must be able to perform call-out rotation.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Minimum of 1-3 year of work related experience
- Solid verbal / written communication skills
- Possess and maintain a valid driver’s license with a safe driving record
- Solid computer skills to include Microsoft Office Software
- Able to lift, push and pull 75 lbs
- Able to work in close quarters while kneeling, squatting, sitting, climbing or standing
- Ability to work overtime to include weekends, holidays and to respond to call outs as needed to fulfill business objective/needs
- Self motivated – ability to work independently
Targa offers a very competitive compensation and benefits package.
- Experience in maintenance and operations of gas compressors with engine drivers, plant operations and associated equipment.
Targa Resources is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply please go to http://www.targaresources.com/careers.html
Please note – Relocation assistance will not be provided for this position. We thank all respondents for their interest in Targa. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No Phone calls please. Placement agencies or recruiters need not respond. We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V.
This position is subject to federally mandated drug/alcohol testing.