Our Maintenance Services Division has a career opportunity in the N. Charleston, SC area.
Maintenance Technicians are responsible to perform preventative, predictive and routine maintenance functions. Must be knowledgeable in mechanical, basic electrical, pneumatics and hydraulics. Experience with pump alignment and fan balancing needed. Must be able to work well with others and communicate clearly with all levels of the organization.
Must have excellent analytical skills and a demonstrated understanding of electrical and mechanical machine controls and drive systems.
- Experience with machine assembly, machine builds, mechanical, general machine shop tools, electrical wiring, bearings, alignment techniques,
- Ability to troubleshoot equipment and make necessary adjustment and/or repairs.
- Ability to repair equipment to include mechanical, electrical, pneumatics and hydraulics. .
- Must be able to read and understand engineering drawings.
- Ability to repair and maintain plant machinery and equipment such as conveyors, compressors, pumps and hydraulic cylinders.
- Repair or replace control devices such as switches, optical sensors, motor starters.
- Ability to communicate clearly with production associates and management.
- Must have strong work ethics with the ability to work independently or in a team environment.
Schedule will normally be M-F but must be flexible to work as needed
Two (2) year technical degree in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering Technology preferred or 5 years related experience.
Competitive benefits and salary. Must be able to pass drug screen and background check. EOE.
Thompson Construction Group, Inc - 7 months ago