Under the direction of the Automation Systems Manager, the Automation Technician is responsible for the complete set-up, diagnostics, and maintenance of the automated packaging equipment and part removal robots. The main responsibilities include:
- Set-up automated packaging equipment
- Modify and/or fabrication of parts to existing packaging equipment
- Troubleshoot all automated equipment problems & make necessary adjustments and repairs
- Troubleshoot PLC’s to minimize downtime
- Edit PLC programs on packaging systems
A high school diploma or equivalent required, as well as a technical or trade school degree with equivalent work experience (Associates, preferred). Candidates should have a strong mechanical and electrical knowledge and skill set. Good working knowledge of PLC’s and PLC programming and editing. Prior experience with robotics is preferred along with prior forklift experience. The ability to walk/stand/work for 12 hour shifts along with the ability to lift/push/pull up to 70lbs. The ability to visually inspect product and packaging quality according to HellermannTyton’s quality standards is also required. Basic to advance PC skills and knowledge also required.
Hellermann Tyton - 6 months ago