Location of Position: Colorado Springs, CO
Title of Position: Maintenance Technician - Flooring
Statement of the Job:
Primary responsibility is flooring installation. Additional responsibilities would include: Perform general maintenance and repair of building structures and associated mechanical, electrical, plumbing, sanitary systems and equipment. Ensure that all service is performed safely and results in favorable customer feedback which is documented by favorable customer service survey results.
- Installation and rehabilitation of flooring within homes and offices. Other duties include, but are not limited to, cleaning, painting, interior/exterior and maintenance, replacement of lights, debris removal, plumbing, electrical work, roof repairs, heating/air system maintenance, appliance evaluation and repair, smoke detector maintenance, relocation of furniture/fixtures, etc.
- Assist one or more workers in the skilled maintenance trades by performing specific or general duties of lesser skill, such as keeping a worker supplied with materials and tools; cleaning working area, machine and equipment; assisting journeyman by holding materials and tools; and performing other unskilled tasks as directed by journeyman. The kind of work the helper is permitted to perform varies from trade to trade.
- Serve as a trades helper. In some trades, the helper is confined to supplying, lifting, and holding materials or tools, and cleaning working areas; and in other trades, is permitted to perform specialized machine operations, or parts of a trade that are also performed by workers on a full-time basis.
- Responds to service calls, COM ( C hange of O ccupancy M aintenance) and property management requirements.
- Completes and submits all required paperwork in an accurate and timely manner.
- Keeps supervisor well-informed of activities, results of efforts, problems identified/potential problems, etc.; recommends corrective actions to supervisor.
- Works cooperatively and conducts oneself in a professional manner at all times when in contact with consumers, staff, sub/contractors, monitors and the general public. Deals with customers and others in a diplomatic and positive manner.
- Loads and unloads trucks and other conveyances; moves supplies and materials to proper location by wheelbarrows or hand trucks; stacks materials for storage or binning; collects refuse and salvageable materials.
- Transports equipment to job sites.
- Digs, fills and tamps earth excavations; levels grounds using pick, shovel, tamper and rake
- Moves and arranges heavy pieces of furniture, equipment, appliances and machinery
- Removes floor tile, sheet vinyl, ceramic floor tile and plywood. Removes damaged drywall.
- Operate power blowers or use brooms to clean roof tops, sidewalks and driveways of leaves and debris. Ensures work-site clean up.
- Promotes and practices IIF ( I ncident and I njury F ree) safety culture at all times and adheres to GMR’s ( G lobal M inimum Safey R equirements) at all times.
- Adheres to company’s stated sustainability policies and goals.
- Performs their duties as assigned.
- Must have at least two years of Maintenance experience in the residential, real estate industry.
- Must have at least two years’ experience in removing, replacing and rehabilitation of flooring to include, VCT tile, carpet, carpet squares, vinyl sheet, wood flooring.
- Ability to bend, stoop, crawl, climb, twist, lift over 50 lbs continuously.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to read and write English.
- Have a valid driver license with acceptable record.
Email Resumes To: firstname.lastname@example.org
WinnCompanies is a Drug Free Workplace and Equal Opportunity Employer.
No phone calls please.