Dow AgroSciences, based in Indianapolis, Indiana, USA, develops leading-edge crop protection and plant biotechnology solutions to meet the challenges of the growing world. Dow AgroSciences is a wholly owned subsidiary of The Dow Chemical Company and had annual global sales of $5.7 billion in 2011.
Our facility at Kauia, HI is seeking for a
Maintenance Technician who will be responsible for diagnostics and repair of equipment and facilities. The
will be responsabile for the farm equipment, vehicles, seed process plant and buildings. The
will be able to prioritize work, utilize computer systems and manage spare parts. This person will have to meet our safety expectations and follow Dow work processes.
- Perform routine maintenance on field equipment and vehicles.
- Perform preventative maintenance on field equipment and vehicles.
- Diagnose mechanical problems and repair.
- Repair equipment in the seeds processing plant.
- Identify contractors to do the maintenance work if the skill set is not in house.
- Work with contractors performing work on site.
- Coach other personnel to diagnose and resolve simple maintenance issues.
- Have an understanding of farm equipment including: John Deere tractors, sprayers, detassling equipment, mowers, planters, ground working equipment, back hoes and graders.
- Have the knowledge to conduct Electrical trouble shooting.
- Have the Computer skills for trouble shooting.
- The incumbeny should have the ability to work with or lead teams.
- Ensure that DAS EH&S, DOT and location regulations & policies are enforced.
- Applicants should have the ability to learn skills quickly, be dependable, have a great work ethic, safety mindset and pay attention to detail.
- Applicants should also have great team work skills and be willing to perform a wide range of tasks and roles as needed.
- Highly proficient with Microsoft Office programs.
- High school or GED with demonstrated ability to apply logical thinking and computer skills.
- Two year technical or associates degree recommended.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds is a requirement of this position.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Possess or have the ability to obtain a commercial drivers license (CDL).
Dow AgroSciences is all about growth -- crop growth to be exact. The Dow Chemical subsidiary operates as part of its parent's...