Scope of Responsibilities:
Colgate-Palmolive invites applications for the Maintenance Technician position located at Morristown, TN. Responsibilities of this position include ensuring the effective operation, major & minor repair and changeovers of production equipment. They work with cross-functional teams to achieve factory business objectives of safety, productivity, customer service, quality, cost and environmental protection. The primary accountabilities of the role include attaining high equipment reliability and uptime, safety compliance, equipment maintenance procedures, data collection, housekeeping, problem solving and continuous improvement as part of a work team. The Maintenance Technician works within a structure that requires considerable interaction with others in the same production unit as well as other production units and support functions.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Maintain and troubleshoot Programmable Logic Controllers (PLCs) and SCADA systems.
- Maintain, develop and troubleshoot ABB Robots.
- Maintain, develop and troubleshoot multi-access Servo Controls.
- Conduct training for controls and electrical related systems for maintenance and operations personnel.
- Monitor and measure key system parameters to ensure equipment optimization.
- Demonstrate a comprehensive knowledge of electronic equipment, such as valves, variable frequency drives, Servos, motors, solenoids, photoelectric, and proximity sensors.
- Operates and performs changeovers of automated equipment (making, finishing,) through computer terminals, control panels and/or by manual means in the manufacturing of Colgate-Palmolive products.
- Confirm in-house availability of tools, change and spare parts required to keep production running. Coordinates with upstream and downstream processes by working with others in planning, warehouse, receiving and vendor representatives on timing of effective changeovers.
- Troubleshoots, performs major and minor repairs and preventive maintenance as required to ensure equipment reliability and on-going production.
- Undertakes daily reporting and updates of information systems (SAP, SFR, Cycle Counts) including documentation of maintenance activities performed on equipment.
- Highlights potential maintenance issues and takes corrective action including parts requisitioning and maintenance planning.
- Participates in regular review of team production performance and uses information to drive continuous improvement. Provides status of maintenance activity for line/area; recommends machine modifications.
- Participates in structured group or team activities related to line/area performance improvement e.g. autonomous maintenance, housekeeping, problem solving etc.
- Seeks and understands production scheduling and demands. Prioritizes maintenance activities that support and facilitates these schedules and demands.
- Understand the needs of both internal & external customers. Internal customers include Quality, Planning, Maintenance, and Finance. External customers are other Colgate plants, customer service and, for example, Target, WalMart etc.
- Ability to work in tight locations (eg confined spaces) and move materials weighing up to 50 lbs
- Seeks and applies Continuous Improvement tools and techniques to achieve team goals e.g. Quality Systems, Total Productive Maintenance, Problem Solving tools.
- Understands and adheres to all Quality, Good Manufacturing Practices and Micro Cleaning & Sanitization Guidelines and standards.
- Maintains work area to required housekeeping standards. Performs housekeeping activities as per established protocol and conducts/participates in area housekeeping assessments per requirement.
- Shares knowledge and develops maintenance skills in operator technicians. Identifies new opportunities for transferring skills to operator technicians. Actively participate in continuous learning opportunities.
- High school diploma or GED
- Ability to work nights, weekends, and rotating shifts
- Ability to work 8.5 hour shifts
- Minimum of three years utilizing electrical schematics
- Minimum of three years designing and/or troubleshooting 3 phase 480VAC and 24DC circuits
- Minimum of three years of programming and/or troubleshooting PLCs utilizing ladder logic
- Minimum of three years of commissioning and/or troubleshooting high speed electronics
- Minimum of three years of experience using electrical test devices including multi-meters, oscilloscopes, and mega ohmmeter
- Minimum of three years of work experience in performing preventive maintenance tasks
- Minimum of three years of experience in troubleshooting manufacturing equipment
- Minimum of three years of work experience in a manufacturing, production or operation environment
- Minimum of three years of work experience in performing equipment changeovers (make-ready)
- Ability to adhere to all safety standards and wear and utilize all personal protective equipment
- Ability to work in confined spaces and move materials weighing up to 50 lbs
Equal Opportunity Employer
- Vocational/Technical Degree
- Certified electrician
- At least one year of experience in the any or all following:
- machine rebuilds
- performing predictive maintenance tasks
- managing a preventive maintenance schedule
- prioritizing work orders
- participating in team or workgroup meetings
- applying problem solving tools or techniques
- perform quality checks and conduct audits
- perform regular housekeeping and maintain cleanliness in work area
- using the production, planning or other module in SAP
- collaborating with co-workers on decision-making exercises
- using Microsoft Office
Colgate-Palmolive is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Colgate-Palmolive takes a bite out of grime. The company is a top global maker and marketer of toothpaste and soap and cleaning products....