Our Maintenance Services Division has immediate openings at a facility in Nesmith, SC.
12 hour shifts (6:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. OR 6:00 p.m. - 6:00 a.m).
4 on/4 off schedule.
The primary purpose of this position is to keep production machines operating on all shifts at maximum capacity with minimum downtime in order to maintain overall efficiency and productivity, as well as to maintain all refrigeration, boilers, and conveyors.
Duties and Responsibilities :
Education/Post Offer Requirements:
- Repairs, maintains, and adjusts machinery and equipment in accordance with diagrams, Schematics, OEM manuals, and standards, which produce the highest quality product.
- Trouble shoots, maintains, and repairs mechanical, electrical, Electronics (is a PLUS) pneumatic, and technical problems on production machinery, conveyor systems, not limited to refrigeration (Ammonia Refrigerant Preferred) ill train right candidate and Steam and hot oil boilers.
- Perform preventative maintenance including Overhauls or rebuilds of machines when required.
- Interacts with operators and production supervisors to determine defect solutions.
- Maintains a proper inventory of parts and supplies; completing requisitions as needed.
- Completes work orders following proper operating procedures in as timely, safe, and as efficient manner as possible.
- House Keeping practices a plus
- Operates forklift.
- Documents maintenance, chemical usage, and safety information as required.
- Adapts to various situations and adjusts to shifting priorities.
- Meet company attendance policy, and performs essential job functions throughout the scheduled and extended work hours, as well as during inclement weather conditions, as demand requires.
- Abides by all company mandated safety/health rules and regulations.
- Performs other duties as assigned management and or plant operations.
- Follows all Good Manufacturing Practice requirements and complies with all local, state, and federal regulatory requirements.
5+ years of industrial experience a PLUS thorough knowledge in the use of Blue Prints, Schematics, charts, tables, handbook formulas, all varieties of precision instruments and/or the use of broad training in machine, plant, and maintenance repairs.
Competency: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
Customer Service - Responds promptly to customer needs; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
Interpersonal - Remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.
Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions;
Team Work - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback;
Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
Quality Management - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness. Business Acumen - Understands business implications of decisions; Displays orientation to profitability.
Diversity - Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; promotes a harassment-free environment.
Ethics - Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; supports organization's goals and values.
Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments.
Initiative - Volunteers readily; Asks for and offers help when needed.
Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments .
Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
Quantity - Completes work in timely manner; Works quickly.
Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; Reports potentially unsafe conditions ; Uses equipment and materials properly.
Qualifications : To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily including at least 5 years of industrial maintenance including knowledge of electrical systems. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Must be able to pass background check and drug test. EOE.
Thompson Construction Group, Inc - 21 months ago