City: North Salt Lake
Postal/Zip Code: 84054
Amcor Masonry Products is a division of Oldcastle Architectural (APG). Oldcastle APG is the leading North American manufacturer of concrete masonry, lawn, garden and paving products and a regional leader in clay brick. The group also produces packaged cement mixes, lightweight aggregates, bagged decorative stone and lime. With over 200 operating locations and 6000 employees, Oldcastle Architectural operates across 38 states and 2 Canadian provinces.
Responsible for overall maintenance and repair of equipment, tools and machinery as assigned to the maintenance team by the plant manager or other supervisor as needed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs preventative maintenance and understands RCM
- Maintains and manages component and replacement part inventories
- Install, adjust, and repair production equipment and special purpose machines as assigned
- Operate a variety of hand and power tools to repair, grease, weld, cut, change parts and complete tasks as assigned
- Weld (stick) and use cutting torch as required
- Fabricate metal parts and install as needed to fit the needs of the plant and equipment
- Perform general repairs to plant structures
- Keep work area in a clean and orderly condition
- Test malfunctioning machinery, troubleshoot and determine repairs and discuss with plant supervisor for approval and repair as needed
- Replace faulty parts, electrical wires, motors, controls and circuit boards
- Install equipment and electrical components and test to ensure proper functioning
- Observe mechanical devices and equipment and listen to sounds to determine proper functioning or identify causes of trouble
- Dismantle equipment to gain access to and remove defective parts using hoists, cranes, hand tools and power tools. Replace and install parts as needed
- Lubricate and clean parts and equipment to ensure proper operation
- Other duties and responsibilities related to the nature of the job may be assigned on a temporary or permanent basis as needed
- Extensive knowledge of Lock Out safety policies and procedures
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties of the job.
REQUIREMENTS / EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
- High School diploma, GED or equivalent in training, education or experience
- 8 years minimum experience with Pneumatics, Conveyors, AC/DC motors, PLC’s ,Hydraulics Pallet, wrappers and large machinery
- Technical or vocational school certification or equivalent in training or experience
- Ability to read and interpret instructions and operations manuals and follow step by step instructions
- Mechanical aptitude and ability are essential
- Skilled in the use of hand and power tools
- Skilled usage in welding and fabricating
- Skilled at general electrical throughput and PLC’s
- Previous experience of hydraulics, mechanics, electricity or related field preferred
- Valid driver’s license
- The ability to use established physical, mechanical, or scientific principles
- Must be able to operate a forklift and man lift
- Welding and fabrication
- Team player work ethic and must work well independently while maintaining safety at all times
- Journeyman mechanics license or schooling
- PLC programing
- Electrical proficiencies
- Masonry processing equipment experience
- Lift tools, machinery parts and other objects weighing up to 60 -80 pounds each
- Endure intermittent bending, crouching, pushing, pulling, stooping and reaching
- Standing for extended period of time
- Able to work under extreme conditions such as hot or cold temperatures, noise, dust and dirt
What Oldcastle Offers You
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
Oldcastle has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the Oldcastle family. Oldcastle operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Oldcastle is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the Oldcastle family!
Amcor Masonry Products is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer
Amcor Masonry Products is part of the Oldcastlecareers™ network.
Oldcastle is the largest manufacturer of building products and materials in North America with more than 1500 locations and 35,000...