Berkshire Property Advisors, L.L.C . is a national management company that owns and operates more than 90 properties across the US. As a leader in the property management industry for over 4 decades, Berkshire Property Advisors has the one asset that sets us apart from the others –Berkshire people!
Learn the industry from the ground up. Our forward thinking training strategies will give you all the tools and knowledge that you need to succeed.
Dream and imagine yourself going to places and conquering challenges that you never thought possible.
Reach and set your sights on the top! Achieve your goals and relish in your success. Berkshire recognizes a job well done and creates a thriving environment for its people.
Explore the possibilities! With our accelerated growth, there are lots of career opportunities in cities across the country.
We are seeking a Maintenance Technician who is hardworking, resident focused, cheerful, go the extra mile individual with a passion for quality and excellence with service.
Under the general direction of the Maintenance Supervisor and/or Property Manager , the Maintenance Technician will own and drive preservation of the property's physical attributes for Berkshire Property Advisors.
- Complies with all policies and procedures of Berkshire Property Advisors.
- Ensure that community, structures, and equipment are in compliance with local codes and regulations.
- Assist in maintaining an inventory of adequate supplies and replacement parts and equipment by ensuring maintenance areas are neat and clean, and reporting shortages to supervisor.
- Make repairs to landscaping, grading, and drainage.
- Diagnose heat problems and repair/replace components.
- Perform preventive maintenance on HVAC units and fan coil units.
- Perform various other duties as assigned by the Property Manager or Supervisor.
- Troubleshoot electrical problems and repair.
- Repair and replace light fixtures, switches, receptacles, smoke detectors, fans, GFCI, photo cells, and thermostats.
- Unclog plumbing drains of all types.
- Repair or replace plumbing fixtures, i.e.: commodes, lavatories, and their components.
- Repair or replace trim fixtures, i.e.: faucets, diverters, and their components.
- Sweat copper pipe up to 1 ¼ inches.
- Install or repair drain, waste, and vent systems; i.e.: PVC, copper, galvanized and cast iron.
- Perform preventive maintenance on all water heaters, gas or electric.
- Repair and replace all domestic water pipes up to 1 ¼ inches; including valves.
- Repair and/or replace wood cabinets, counter tops, and vanities.
- Caulk doors, windows, and floors.
- Repair and replace interior and exterior doors, and hardware.
- Install stair treads.
- Install patio door rollers, locks, charlie bars, security pins, and patio screen rollers.
- Install and repair closet doors and hardware.
- Install thresholds.
- Repair and replace floor tile, sheet vinyl, and wood floors.
- Repair/replace wooden trim and vinyl cove base.
- Install underlayment and sub-floor.
- Repair/replace wood framing members.
- Remove and replace caulking.
- Repair and replace ceramic tiles (walls and floors).
- Install ceramic and metal bathroom fixtures.
- Touch up paint.
- Repair or replace drywall, including textured surfaces as required.
- Troubleshoot, repair, or replace stoves (electric or gas), dishwashers, garbage disposals, refrigerators, and make adjustments to appliances to include replacement of gaskets, leveling, reversing doors, and adjusting pilots.
- Repair and replace downspouts, gutters, and splash blocks.
- Repair and replace shingles, flashing, and soffit vents.
- Patch and replace blacktop, concrete, and masonry (including pointing-up).
- Repair masonry retainer walls and steps.
The Company may revise this job description from time to time as business needs require. It is not intended to be an exhaustive listing of all the functions of the job, nor is to limit the Company right to assign other functions to an employee in this position. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
- Replace glass, mirrors, and screening, as well as key cutting.
- Repair and replace mailboxes, locks, doors, and sub-plates.
- Repair and replace blinds and traverse rods.
- Inspect for repairs, refilling, recharging, and tagging fire extinguishers.
JOB QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:
Technical/ Educational Requirements:
- Work under close supervision.
- Ability to keep neat and accurate records of time and materials.
- Ability to communicate in written form.
- Ability to understand and follow directions.
- Knowledge of mechanical, math, and measurement skills.
- Knowledge of the current occupational hazards, and an understanding of safety precautions, building codes and regulations applicable to the maintenance profession.
- Ability to read and understand MSDS's, O and M plans and Disaster Plans.
- Knowledge, understanding, and demonstration of preventative maintenance.
- Knowledge of the use and care of tools and equipment necessary to perform building maintenance tasks.
- Knowledge of the current methods, practices, tools, equipment, and materials used in building maintenance and repair work, to qualification and training level.
- Working knowledge of appliances, plumbing, electric, carpentry, drywall, painting, blinds and traverse rods, hardware, screens, doors, key cutting, cabinets and counter tops, roofing, ceramic tile, masonry, fire extinguishers, glass cutting, floors, fan coil or gas heat, landscaping and building maintenance skills.
- Ability to lift 80 lbs. to the shoulder and carry it.
- Ability to perform all tasks associated with the duties specified.
- Valid Drivers License and Automobile insurance
- H igh school diploma or equivalent, ( 1 ) year experience in all maintenance related skills of an M-3, successfully completed all basic maintenance classes and on-the-job training.
Berkshire Property Advisors - 10 months ago