The Maintenance Technician position requires one to have the technical skills to design, evaluate, troubleshoot, repair and install Bakery equipment. Electrical, Mechanical, Plumbing, Hydraulics, Pneumatics, Hydraulics, and Computer Controls are skills needed to perform this function. This team member performs the maintenance of a distribution manufacturing facility including: preventive maintenance, troubleshooting, repairs, installation of machinery relating to bakery food processing equipment, physical structures, mechanical and electrical systems. In addition, they must possess an awareness and understanding of how to work safely on mechanical and electrical equipment in a production environment.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
(30%) Inspect, test, troubleshoot, repair and install machinery and equipment
- Monitor equipment to detect malfunctions
- Discuss machine operation variations with supervisor or other team members to diagnose problems and repair machines
repair or replace electrical devices such as transformers, relays, circuit breakers, starters, and safety and limit switches
(20%) Follow established preventative maintenance guidelines
- Layout, assemble, install, and maintain pipe systems and related hydraulic and pneumatic equipment
- Install, program and troubleshoot automated machinery and Programmable Logic Controllers
- Install, troubleshoot and repair refrigeration and Heating Ventilation Air Conditioning (HVAC) equipment
- Service and repair material handling equipment
- Monitor main electrical panel and troubleshoot as necessary
- Repair and maintain boilers, water heaters, water conditioning equipment, and all water distribution systems
(20%) Maintain building through painting, repairing minor structural problems, and other repairs as necessary
- Coordinate with other departments to schedule maintenance for machines
- Perform all necessary maintenance and update logs as necessary
- Report major problems to supervisor
(20%) Ensure proper adherence to all safety and government guidelines
- Repair and maintain physical structure of establishment
- General maintenance repairs of office and building
(10%) Miscellaneous duties
- Identify safety issues with machines; document issues; develop action plan to resolve concern; follow-up to ensure problems are resolved
- Monitor machines to ensure all levels are within EPA, OSHA, and other government guidelines; develop action plan to resolve issue if not; follow-up to ensure problems are resolved
- Assist in the control and scheduling of projects
- Monitor inventory and order parts as necessary
- Monitor energy usage and provide recommendations on better usage
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be proactive and self-motivated, have the ability to evaluate and repair all types of mechanical and electrical equipment and is able to perform under extreme stress when there is equipment failure.
Certificates, Licenses, Regulations
- HS Diploma, and/or Technical School Training two years, and/or 3 to 4 years related experience, and/or licensed journeyman of a skilled trade.
- Basic level computer skills for word processing and spreadsheets
- Read and interpret blueprints, mechanical and electrical schematic diagrams
- Effectively present information to peers, upper management and team members in oral and written form
- Define problems and draw conclusions
- Interpret technical instructions and diagram
- EPA REFRIGERATION CERTIFICATION (Type II or Universal) Federal requirement - Team Leader or Maintenance Tech Servicing or Handling Refrigeration equipment
- Hazardous Materials Certification (MN only)
Other Skills and Abilities
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a team member encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential function.
- While performing the duties of this job, the team member is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts. The team member is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, outside weather conditions, extreme cold, extreme heat, risk of electrical shock, explosion, and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate, but can be high. The team member must have a strong safety awareness to insure a safe and healthy work place.
ONE BRAND. ONE SYSTEM. ONE TEAM.
- Work with minimal supervision
- Work well under pressure
Exceptional franchisees and team members on a mission to be the best pizza delivery company in the World!
Domino's Pizza - 11 months ago
This company knows the rules of the pizza delivery game. Domino's Pizza runs the world's #2 pizza chain (behind YUM! Brands'...