The Orthopedic And Spine Inpatient Surgical (O.A.S.I.S) Hospital was established to set a new standard for excellence and patient satisfaction in the delivery of orthopedic and spinal surgery. OASIS provides excellent patient services and the highest level of care, with the overall goal of improving the delivery of healthcare in Maricopa County and beyond.
Our singular focus is the state-of-the-art care of musculoskeletal conditions including joint replacement, spine surgery and other reconstructive procedures. Our goal is to provide first-class surgical services for the community in a safe, comfortable and welcoming environment; one in which we would be happy to treat our own families.
Under the direction of the Facilities Manager, the Maintenance Technician performs a variety of routine to skilled general preventive maintenance duties in the repair, alteration and modification of building equipment, and facilities.
Duties and Responsibilities Include:
• Inspects equipment and facilities for proper operation and working conditions, maintains routine records and determines type and extent of malfunction of equipment and as necessary, adjusts, dissembles and repairs or replaces parts or components, reassembles and test for proper operation. Reports more serious problems to his supervisor for further instructions or maintenance scheduling.
• Inspects, repairs and replaces pipe fittings and plumbing fixtures to maintain the liquid and gas systems used in hospital.
• Repacks and adjusts pumps, valves and controls.
• Repairs or replaces defective pipe insulation.
• Repairs and maintains refrigeration equipment. Troubleshoots compressors, condensers, controls on refrigeration, ice machines, walk-in boxes, ice cream freezers and drinking fountains.
• Uses plumbers, snakes, augers or plungers to open clogged drains.
• Inspects, tests and repairs electrical circuits, lighting, intercoms, signal systems, alarms as required.
• Cuts, bends, installs conduit of various types and sizes for both power and signal service. Pulls wire, install devices and test for proper circuit operation.
• Troubleshoots and makes repairs to TV‚s, remote controls, nurse call, etc.
• Inspects, checks, records and interprets results of tests for leakage current, polarity, grounding integrity in electrically sensitive patient areas.
• Proficiently uses standard hand tools, cutting torch, welder, voltmeter, and amp meter.
• General mechanical maintenance of hospital equipment, kitchen equipment, office machines and equipment and others. Excludes specialized and highly technical x-ray and surgical equipment requiring specialized training, experience and equipment.
• Performs a variety of routine manual duties as required, such as repairs and assembling extension cords, replacing fuses, fluorescent ballasts and tubes, cleaning and lubricating motors and other machinery. Clear sink and grease traps, replaces and repacks valves, assembles equipment, repairs drape pull mechanisms and related items. Sometimes required to moving supplies, furniture and equipment, removing trash and scrap materials, etc.
• Conducts routine safety and preventive maintenance programs to ensure that services are maintained without interruption.
• Patch and paint walls, rooms, machinery and other surfaces.
• Maintains established department policies, procedures and objectives concerning quality assurance, safety, environmental conditions and infection control.
• Assumes responsibility for personal and professional growth through participation in department meetings, in-service programs and continuing education programs.
• Maintains a professional attitude with patients, visitors and other hospital personnel while assuring confidentiality of patient and other hospital information.
• Work a flex schedule and be available for overtime call-back for emergencies.
• Performs other related duties as assigned and requested.
• In some instances, a professional license may be preferred.
Friday and Saturday night shift.
OASIS Hospital - 2 years ago