Headquartered in Boston's Historic Faneuil Hall, WinnCompanies develops, acquires and manages multi-family and mixed income properties throughout the United States. Founded in 1971, WinnResidential's multi-family management and military housing services portfolio currently includes over 95,000 residences located in 23 states.
As diverse as WinnCompanies holdings may be, our 2,600 employees are united by a commitment to excellence and a common set of principles upon which the organization was founded more than 40 years ago.
As the nation’s 6th largest residential housing management company, WinnCompanies ability to successfully operate large and small scale urban and suburban multifamily properties across the country continues to be a source of pride for the company.
Location of Position: Camp Lejeune, North Carolina
Title of Position: Maintenance Technician 2 - Flooring
Primary responsibility is to perform maintenance trades functions in the community, including rental units, office buildings, residential areas and grounds. This position will be part of the Change of Occupancy Maintenance (COM) flooring team.
- Proficient at 2 skills sets (carpentry, electrical, plumbing, flooring or appliances) with one skill set being flooring.
- Responds to service calls, com requirements and property management requirements.
- On-call emergency repairs and completes repairs as directed by immediate supervisor or other organization management representatives.
- Completes and submits all required paperwork in an accurate and timely manner.
- Keeps supervisor well-informed of activities, results of efforts, problems identified/potential problems, etc.; recommends corrective actions to supervisor.
- Works cooperatively and conducts oneself in a professional manner at all times when in contact with consumers, staff, sub/contractors, monitors and the general public. Deals with customers and others in a diplomatic and positive manner.
- Demonstrates good verbal, written and listening communication skills as measured by accuracy, completeness and timeliness of work.
- Maintains a thorough working knowledge of and adheres to the corporate/project policies, procedures and regulations.
- Attends workshops, seminars, conferences, meetings and trainings pertinent to the efficient dispatch of duties. Reports to work regularly and on time.
- Wears prescribed uniform at all times during work hours
- Promote and practice incident-injury free (IIF) and sustainability
- Adheres to company policies and procedures
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and/or Experience:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or abilities required to perform the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Must have at least 2 years’ experience in floor installation.
· Proficient at two skills sets (Carpentry, electrical, plumbing, flooring or appliances) with one skill set being flooring.
· High School Diploma or equivalent
· Must be able to lift weights in excess of 50lbs.
· Must be experienced and able to operate wood floor sanders and cleaning equipment. Capable of applying sealers, varnishes, & polyurethane.
· Must be experienced cutting, forming, and laying roll carpet. Familiar with the use of carpet kickers and carpet installation tools. Ability to install carpet squires.
· Must have experience installing role and sheet vinyl & vinyl planks.
· Must be able to read and write English.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills.
· Must be able to work with numbers and figures.
· Must have a valid driver’s license and acceptable driving record.
· Acceptable background check
· Must pass the pre – employment drug test.
Monday - Friday 8:00a.m. - 5:00p.m. Position may include Saturday and Sunday schedule. Position may include overtime. Must be able to work on-call hours.
WinnCompanies is a Drug Free Workplace and Equal Opportunity Employer.
No phone calls please.
WinnResidential - 20 months ago
copy to clipboard