Under the Direction of Management, the Maintenance Tech is responsible for supporting the FedEx SmartPost maintenance program by performing scheduled and unscheduled maintenance to material handling equipment and facilities. Provide the technical ability to diagnose and repair basic electrical/electronic, mechanical and control system failures.
- Perform assigned maintenance work in accordance with instructions of the work order or contained in applicable equipment maintenance manual.
- Understand and comply with FedEx SmartPost safety policies and procedures including but not limited to Lockout/Tagout procedures, Hot works permit system, Electrical Arc Flash Safety and Hazardous Communication Standard.
- Responds promptly to sort calls, quickly diagnosing the failure and making required repairs.
- Develops and demonstrates personal knowledge of proper troubleshooting techniques including the ability to read and interpret shop drawings, electrical schematic diagrams and operation/maintenance manuals to diagnose and repair mechanical, electrical and control system problems.
- Develops personal knowledge of the operation and troubleshooting techniques for the bar code readers, all components of the SWAK network, and the IC and scan tunnel dimensioning equipment.
- Learns to use the CMMS to enter and retrieve activity log information and reports.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Satisfactory completion of a two year minimum, post secondary Vocational/ Technical school of study in one or more of the following areas; electrical, electronics, mechanical systems or maintenance engineering or High school diploma or its equivalent and 2-4 years industrial maintenance experience.
Entry-level position; no experience required with preferred degree. However, 2 years experience is required in industrial maintenance of production equipment if candidate does not have the preferred degree.
Required Skills - Abilities and/or Licensure:
- Provide basic set of hand tools and carry hand tools at all times when performing operation coverage.
- Knowledge in the use of personal computers and common office software.
- Developing knowledge of motors and motor control methods.
- Developing skills in electrical and mechanical troubleshooting techniques.
- Ability to read electrical and mechanical schematics diagrams.
- Knowledge and use of hand tools and small power tools; drills grinders etc.
- Ability to effectively communicate with others.
- Understanding of lubrication techniques.
FedEx SmartPost - 5 months ago
FedEx Corporation (FedEx)provides a portfolio of transportation, e-commerce and business services through companies that compete...