Supports the FedEx Ground Facility maintenance effort by performing standard preventative maintenance procedures through the application of basic maintenance processes and techniques used to diagnose and repair electrical, electronic, mechanical, and control systems.
- Performs assigned basic preventative maintenance work according to FXG standards ensuring all instructions are followed and that each step is fully executed.
- Responds promptly to sort calls; diagnoses the failure; makes required repairs.
- Develops and demonstrates personal knowledge of proper basic troubleshooting techniques to diagnose and repair mechanical, electrical and control system problems.
- Develops personal knowledge of the operation and troubleshooting techniques for the bar code readers, all components of the SWAK network, and the incompatible and scan tunnel dimensioning equipment.
- Uses the CMMS (Computer Maintenance Management System) to enter and retrieve activity log information and reports.
- Adheres to safety standards by promoting a safe work environment through attending safety committees, training, and verifying all safety concerns are addressed.
High School Diploma or GED required; Associate’s degree in electrical, electronic, mechanical, or maintenance engineering technology preferred.
Required Skills - Abilities and/or Licensure:
- Software skills, including use of Microsoft Office software and web-based applications.
- Ability to follow detailed instructions to complete routine procedures and/or operate standard equipment.
- Verbal and written communication skills necessary to communicate with immediate management.
- Time management, organizational and multi-tasking skills necessary to work in a fast-paced environment, handling various tasks and changing priorities, while maintaining a high attention to detail and accuracy to achieve daily assignments and goals.
- Developing knowledge of motors and motor control methods.
- Developing skills in electrical and mechanical troubleshooting techniques.
- Developing the ability to weld, burn, and solder.
- Develop ability to read electrical and mechanical schematic diagrams.
FedEx Corporation (FedEx)provides a portfolio of transportation, e-commerce and business services through companies that compete...