The Maintenance Technician II performs general facility maintenance to include basic carpentry, plumbing, electrical repairs, painting and mechanical repairs.
A more detailed job description is available upon request from the Human Resources Department.
- Operate all resort and physical plant systems & associated equipment.
- Repair and maintain physical structure of establishment.
- Perform repairs on all types of equipment.
- Repair boilers, plumbing, pumps, exhaust fans and air conditioning equipment.
- Install and repair electrical apparatus, such as transformers & wiring and electrical & electronic components of machinery and equipment.
- Repair and/or replace gauges, valves, pressure regulators and related equipment.
- Fabricate and repair counters, benches, partitions and other wooden structures.
- Refurbish and remodel rooms.
- Visually inspect and test machinery & equipment.
- Dismantle defective machines & equipment and install new components.
- Set up and operate machine tools such as lathe, grinder, drill and milling machine to repair or fabricate machine parts, jigs, fixtures and tools.
- Complete all given work assignments and work orders.
- Respond to and correct any guest complaints or service calls that may occur.
- Conduct proper building rounds.
- Maintain records.
- Complete special projects.
- Provide superior customer service in accordance with the Company DRIven to Excellence standards.
- Consistently practice and maintain the highest standards of professionalism when interacting with fellow team members, management, owners, members and prospects.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Three (3) years of engineering/facilities maintenance related experience.
- General knowledge of engineering methods, practices and techniques.
- High School diploma, GED or equivalent.
- Previous experience in the hospitality or timeshare industry.
- Basic skill and/or ability to operate equipment using safe work methods.
- Ability to understand and follow oral & written instructions.
- Ability to prepare basic records and reports of work performed.
- Ability to perform basic arithmetic calculations.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Time management; the ability to organize and manage multiple priorities.
- Problem analysis and problem solving skills.
- Initiative and adaptability.
- Detail oriented.
Diamond Resorts International® offers:
- Excellent earning potential.
- Excellent benefits program including company matching 401(k).
- Eligibility for our tuition reimbursement program.
- Resort Privilege Program (eligibility for travel discounts).
- Industry leading training program.
- Fun working environment.
- Unlimited real growth opportunities.
Diamond Resorts International
- 20 months ago - save job