Reports to designated supervisor. Provides preventive maintenance and repair, general maintenance and skilled craft services, including but not limited to HVAC, electrical systems, appliances, water pumps, water heaters, plumbing, carpentry, locks repair, and welding. Perform janitorial and landscaping duties when required. Physically assists in office equipment relocation and pick-up of donated goods. Drive agency vehicles. Registers work orders tickets in Maintenance software program.
- Conduct maintenance and repairs on a variety of equipment including HVAC and electrical systems, appliances, water pumps, water heaters and is not limited to plumbing, automotive, carpentry, locks, etc.
- Performs preventive maintenance for all equipment.
- Maintains preventative maintenance records for Agency buildings and equipment.
- Generates general maintenance repair reports.
- With approval of supervisor and within purchasing guidelines and procedures, may purchase parts required for department and project needs.
- Provides assistance to supervisor or other maintenance staff on projects that may be assigned by supervisor.
- Load trucks, move furniture, etc., as assigned.
- May direct activities of one or more Maintenance Staff workers.
- Recommends, to maintenance supervisor, purchases of equipment or major repair services.
- Snow removal.
- Maintains cleanliness of vehicles and proper completion of vehicle log.
- Perform appropriate data entry in maintenance software program.
- Provides janitorial duties, such as waxing floors, moving furniture, etc.
- Provides mail delivery service between various agencies and any other locations.
- On call service and weekend duties as necessary or as assigned by Facilities manager.
- Demonstrates a commitment to continuous quality and safety improvement in all aspects of the position.
- Ability to work effectively with clients and staff in a culturally diverse environment.
- Participates in the development and implementation of continuous quality and safety improvement activities.
- Other duties as assigned.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
- Must be 21 years of age
- Position requires high school diploma or equivalent.
- 5 years of experience in skilled craft services, e.g. repair and maintenance of HVAC, plumbing, water heaters, electrical systems, appliance, carpentry, etc. and working knowledge of safety and maintenance practices for facilities (commercial and residential buildings), vehicles, and equipment.
- Universal HVAC certificate.
- Reasonable knowledge in use of spreadsheet, word processing and electronic mail software.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Valid Illinois driver's license.
- Ability to perform essential functions of the job, including extensive bending, kneeling, stretching, climbing, and lifting at least 75-100 pounds.