Metl-Span is a leader in the manufacturing of insulated metal panels for commercial industrial and cold storage buildings. Our foam core composite building panels provide the most efficient Insulation values available anywhere.
SUMMARY OF FUNCTIONS
Perform duties to install, maintain, repair and rebuild production and building equipment as directed, within the limitations of standard methods and procedures.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Work from shop orders, drawings, specifications, manuals, and instructions.
2. Assist in the maintenance and repair of plant equipment including roll former, shear, spiral wrap equipment, hoists, saws, trolleys, conveyors, pumps, compressors, compactor, shredder, continuous line equipment and hand power tools.
3. Assist to install and repair power and light circuits, electronic and electrical controls. Disassemble, select repair procedures and repair or replace worn or defective parts.
4. Make or repair parts, guards, brackets and supports as required, performing a normal range of machining operations. Cut, weld and braze metal parts as necessary.
5. Assist in moving installing equipment. Install and fit pipe as directed to route various liquids and gases for production operations.
6. Perform preventative maintenance routines on a wide range of production and facilities equipment.
7. Move and position materials and supplies as required to perform maintenance operations.
OTHER DUTIES MAY INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
1. Attend and participate in a variety of meetings and task force groups to integrate activities, communicate issues, obtain approvals, resolve problems and maintain specific level of knowledge pertaining to new developments, requirements and policies.
2. Perform or assist with any operations, as required or directed to maintain work flow or respond to emergency conditions.
3. Follow safety rules and keep work area in a clean and orderly condition. Perform other related duties as assigned.
TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT USED:
Precision measuring instruments, tape measures, machine tools, hand and hand power tools, burning and welding equipment, overhead crane and fork lift truck.
INITIATIVE AND INGENUITY:
Diversified work. Install, maintain, repair and rebuild production and building equipment as directed. Exercise judgment to assist to install and repair power and light circuits, electronic and electrical controls, make or repair parts, guards, brackets and supports, within the limitations of standard methods and procedures.
Use mathematics together with the analytical use of various types of precision measuring instruments. Equivalent to 1 to 2 years applied trades training on a particular or specialized occupation, requiring knowledge of electrical, electronic and electromechanical equipment.
Over 2 and up to 3 years.
Light physical effort required to disassemble, repair and rebuild equipment facilities, which is equivalent to frequency lifting or moving light weight material or, occasionally average weights.
Somewhat disagreeable working conditions with continuous exposure to dirt, grease or oil, to the extent of being objectionable.
NCI Building Systems - 19 months ago
NCI Group, INC (NYSE: NCS) is a North American leader in metal buildings and components for the non-residential construction industry...