Kendall College is currently seeking a Maintenance Worker for its campus in downtown Chicago, Illinois. Maintenance Repair staff provide basic and advanced repairs to maintain building equipment, building systems, specialized kitchen equipment, exterior property grounds and all building components. Understanding of basic HVAC, electrical, mechanical, plumbing and life/safety systems required in performing these duties. General cleaning, painting, waste removal and basic building care are day-to-day duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Repair and provide preventive maintenance of building equipment and components including, HVAC components and devices, building automation system, lighting fixtures, locks, doors, plumbing and bathroom components, carpet, floor and ceiling tile replacement, painting and general upkeep. Duties include snow removal, exterior lawn and landscape maintenance, policing of grounds, policing of building including bathrooms, offices, hallways and classrooms.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE and EXPECTATIONS:
- Assist other departments with moving and set up of furniture, equipment, tables/chairs and other event participation.
- Perform HVAC preventive maintenance duties including changing filters, lubrication of motors, drive systems, cleaning coils, changing of belts, replacement of pumps and motors.
- Repair and maintain specialized kitchen equipment and kitchen systems.
- Operate drain rodding equipment, vacuums, carpet extractors and other electric and hand tools.
- Must be available for after hours, overtime and call-in emergencies.
- General maintenance work as assigned
- High School Diploma or GED is required
- Trade School or other vocational degree preferred
- Equipment/system repair preferred
- Five years in building operations, repair, maintenance required
Laureate Education Inc. - 16 months ago
If higher education is a matter of degrees, Laureate must be blazing hot. The company provides adult career education through online and...