Under direct supervision by the Facility & Operations Supervisor, the purpose of this position is to maintain City facilities and grounds. Employees in this classification perform semi-skilled, manual level work and possess dexterity and manipulative ability. Work is subject to irregular hours (evening, weekends), sometimes on short notice. Perform related work as required.
Duties and Responsibilities/Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Behaviors:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Comply with all written City policies and procedures.
2. Adhere to assigned work schedule as outlined in City and department attendance policies and procedures.
3. Drives to and from assigned work locations as assigned.
4. Provides set-up and clean-up of meeting spaces according to written instructions, and/or diagrams.
5. Proficiency in the proper use of all tools and equipment.
6. Operates simple to moderately complex equipment in the maintenance and up keep of city facilities.
7. Performs regular and preventive maintenance, and minor repair on assigned equipment.
8. Moves furniture and other equipment in the performance of duties.
9. Cleans and sweeps or vacuums offices, halls and open areas.
10. Sweeps, mops, cleans and stocks restroom facilities.
11. Picks up trash on facility grounds.
12. Orders, retrieves, and delivers cleaning supplies in coordination with supervisor.
13. Reports equipment malfunctions and facility maintenance needs to immediate supervisor.
14. Performs painting of facilities, both interior and exterior.
15. Maintains facility exterior by weeding, trimming and clearing debris.
16. Learns job-related material through on-the-job training, one-on-one training or by reading documents or manuals.
17. Performs various general maintenance duties as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND BEHAVIORS
1. The ability to work in a team environment; contribute as a team member and treat co-workers, subordinates and customers with respect.
2. Build professional relationships with internal staff and customers.
3. Offer flexibility and adaptability, especially during times of change.
4. Communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
5. Requires the ability to exchange information for the purpose of obtaining information or clarifying details. Performs such within well established policies, procedures and standards.
6. Requires the ability to operate, maneuver and/or control the actions of equipment, machinery, tools, and/or materials used in performing essential functions.
7. Requires the ability to perform addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
8. Involves semi-routine standardized work with some latitude for independent judgment concerning choices of action.
9. Requires the ability to exercise the judgment required in situations characterized by repetitive or short cycle operations covered by set procedures or sequences.
High school diploma or GED; supplemented by two years (2) previous experience and/or training; or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Valid Driver’s License required. Ability to pass a physical examination.
Any work related experience resulting in acceptable proficiency levels in the above Minimum Qualifications is an acceptable substitute for the above specified education and experience requirements.
Tasks involve the ability to exert heavy physical effort in heavy work, with greater emphasis on climbing and balancing, but typically also involving some combination of stooping, kneeling, crouching, and crawling, and the lifting, carrying, pushing, and/or pulling of moderately heavy objects and materials (20-50 pounds); may occasionally involve heavier objects and materials (up to 100 pounds). Some tasks require visual and odor perception and discrimination .
Exposure to certain environmental conditions may be necessary to perform the essential functions of this job, including: Over two-thirds of on-the-job time: Wet or humid conditions; working near moving, mechanical parts; working in high, previous places; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; outdoor weather conditions; extreme heat; vibration.
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed as of the date of preparation and approval. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of the position. Employees holding this position will be required to perform any other job-related duties as requested by management. The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee, and all requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.