Job Code: 00024
Job Title: Maintenance Worker - Facility Maintenance
Opening Date/Time: Mon. 01/28/13 12:00 AM Central Time
Closing Date/Time: Fri. 03/01/13 11:59 PM Central Time
Salary: $10.70 - $12.50 Hourly
Job Type: Full Time
Location: Annex Building, 318 West Main Street, Grand Prairie, Texas
Department: Parks and Recreation
Exam Number: 00024
FLSA: Non-exempt position, eligible for overtime compensation.
The purpose of this position is to maintain the interior and exterior of City facilities and grounds. This is accomplished by performing routine maintenance on the interior and exterior of buildings; and maintaining grounds. Other duties include assisting other divisions as needed; and interacting with other City employees and citizens.
Skills / Requirements
- Maintains the interior of facilities by painting walls and replacing interior lights.
- Maintains the exterior of facilities by replacing exterior lights and the removal of graffiti.
- Maintains repairing restrooms.
- Provides customer service to the public .
- Work requires the ability to read and understand written instructions, to understand simple processes and the routine operation of machines. Level of knowledge equivalent to less than high school or equivalency.
- Experience: Under and including one year.
- Valid Texas Class C Driver's License
- Ability to recognize meaning of common two- or three-syllable words. Ordinarily, such education is obtained in elementary school up to high school. However, it may be obtained from experience and self-study.
- Ability to perform the four basic arithmetic operations. Ordinarily, such education is obtained in elementary school up to high school. However, it may be obtained from experience and self-study.
- Ability to write simple sentences containing subject, verb, and object, and/or series of numbers, names, and addresses. Ordinarily, such education is obtained in elementary school up to high school. However, it may be obtained from experience and self-study.
- Receives immediate direction: The employee normally performs the duty assignment after receiving detailed instructions as to methods, procedures, and desired end results with little room for deviation. Close and constant review is given.
- Normal tasks require use of definite procedures, with little deviation. Work requires little or no analysis or judgment.
Please click on the link below to apply for this or any other position. A new window will open and direct you to our log in page. After creating an account make sure to re-locate the position you wish to apply for and submit a resume. You can also sign up to receive periodic job updates. We look forward to hearing from you!
- Building maintenance experience a plus which includes, but not limited to remodeling of offices, day to day repairs of buildings and use various hand/power tools
- Must be able to work flexible schedule that will include call backs and some weekends as well as working in all types of weather condition
- Must be able to pass a Police background check